If you're looking for a budget smartphone that doesn't suck, you've come to the right place. You'll find the best value for money budget smartphones listed below.
At under $350 the F1s is a steal. It has features we'd like to see on top-end phones like fast fingerprint unlocking, free case and a three day battery life. Just beware of the camera performance and processing delay with ...
Review Date: 27th Jan., 2017
As you’d expect out of an Oppo-branded smartphone, the A73 runs gleefully fast, takes generally-good photos and takes well over a day to run out of battery life. However, the difference between this and beefier stuff like the Oppo R11s ...
This is a great mid-range phone and yet it's one of the cheapest we've ever tested.
Review Date: 8th May, 2017
The U11 Life is a solid stock Android experience that’s easy to recommend if you can’t stand all the other options or are particularly drawn in by the design and waterproofing.
Review Date: 9th April, 2018
Even if it’s a little predictable, not every purchase needs a twist. Sometimes you want something that works as intended, and the Nokia 7 Plus fits that mold nicely.
Review Date: 4th June, 2018
Oppo has once again redefined the low-end phone by offering a good mid-range model at a very-affordable price.
Review Date: 17th July, 2017
Like most Sony phones. The Xperia XA2 is a good option but it’s not quite the best out there.
Review Date: 25th April, 2018
As an alternative to the iPhone 8, the R11s is easy to recommend - the performance is good, the camera rig is nice, it’s got a compelling build quality and slick feel-factor.
Review Date: 1st Feb., 2018
This handset is a double-down by HMD on everything that worked in the 2017 model combined with a number of key improvements.
Review Date: 16th May, 2018
Between the solid material design and build-quality, performance that swings above its price-bracket and slick software experience, the Redmi Note 5 is a smartphone that’s very easy to recommend.
Review Date: 2nd July, 2018
With the $499 price-tag in mind, there’s not a lot out there that can match the Huawei Nova 2i.
Review Date: 25th Oct., 2017
The R15 Pro sees Oppo bring more of that flagship experience to the sub-$800 smartphone space than ever before to generous effect.
Review Date: 11th July, 2018
Huawei have packed a ton of value into the Nova 3e. However, they’re not the only brand packing a lot of value into that $200-$400 space anymore - and that leaves the Nova 3e outgunned on a few choice fronts.
Review Date: 20th July, 2018
If you’re looking for a throwaway device with all the functionality that modern Android offers, this’ll tick that box - but it won’t look pretty.
Review Date: 30th July, 2018
If you’re someone who doesn’t care about more-intensive applications like mobile gaming and photography, it’s difficult to think of an easier standout budget device that the Moto G6.
Review Date: 28th Aug., 2018
Though there’s plenty to like about the Moto E5 on its own merits, it falls short when stacked up against last year’s E4.
Review Date: 31st Aug., 2018
Simply put: the Oppo AX5 is Oppo’s most ambitious and polished budget-buy yet.
Review Date: 1st Oct., 2018
The Nova 3i has all the right specs but fails to bring them cohesively together to forge an identity of its own.
Review Date: 12th Oct., 2018
If $499 is all you have to spend, you’re probably not gonna complain too much about what the Reno Z has to offer.
Review Date: 21st Aug., 2019
Latest News Articles
- Samsung show off a new Star Wars Note 10+
- Yes, the new Motorola Razr is coming to Australia
- The Galaxy Fold has one small feature that might make it the best phone Samsung have shipped all year
- Motorola's mid-tier menagerie now includes the Motorola One Macro and Moto G8 Plus
- The Galaxy Fold finally gets an Australian price-tag ahead of October launch
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Kindle vs. Kindle Paperwhite vs. Kindle Oasis: Which is best
- 2 Samsung show off a new Star Wars Note 10+
- 3 Upgrading to a 5G phone: When's the right time?
- 4 Kensington Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Keyboard review: Mastering this split-style keyboard takes patience
- 5 Disney+ 'hack' panic stresses need to use unique passwords
Join the newsletter!
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?