As we move into 2017, it's time to start ranking the best phones that you can buy.
It succeeds in the three key areas required of smart phones: battery, performance and camera. As such it's great value at $999. However, the camera can struggle in basic low-light conditions. We hope this will get fixed down the line.
Review Date: 13th March, 2017
It is as good as or incrementally better than everything else on the market but the A.I-enhanced Google Assistant elevates it to another level of smartphone technology. However, now that Google's amazing Daydream VR is here - and it's currently ...
Review Date: 11th Nov., 2016
The P9 is a decent mid-range phone with best-on-the-market fingerprint reader and potentially the best camera of any phone (including many compact cameras).
Review Date: 20th Oct., 2016
A great-value, great all-round Android phone.
Review Date: 23rd June, 2016
It's priced to ride the coat tails of the iPhone. But while it is a very good Android device, there is much better value to be had elsewhere.
Review Date: 14th July, 2016
It's a decent phone that's very well made but represents poor value in the phone market on its own. However, buyer's relationships with Apple and its ecosystem will dramatically affect value.
Review Date: 11th Nov., 2016
If you can put the fact that this phone launched overseas a year ago out of your head, this is still one of the best mid-range phones on the market and one that beats the best on the market in ...
Review Date: 6th Sept., 2016
It's not much of a looker but its a great performer. Specs and features are high end and the price stays low. Camera performance could be better though.
Review Date: 8th July, 2016
Alcatel is pushing out of its budget-brand comfort zone with a well-specified mid-range offering. The screen and cameras are attractive, but prices of better rivals are falling fast.
Review Date: 15th July, 2016
At under $350 the F1s is a steal. It has features we'd like to see on top-end phones like fast fingerprint unlocking, free case and a three day battery life. Just beware of the camera performance and processing delay with ...
Review Date: 27th Jan., 2017
A great camera, 24-bit audio, decent interface and Vive VR partnership are all attractive.
Review Date: 17th May, 2016
Latest News Articles
- Apple wins China patent battle over iPhone 6 design
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- ZTE pays US$892M settlement to US over illegal sales to Iran
Most Popular Articles
- 1 10 powerful, obscure Windows keyboard shortcuts you should know
- 2 LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- 3 Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- 4 Intel Optane Memory has a mission: Make hard drives faster than SSDs
- 5 Intel digs deep to keep Moore's Law alive
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?