Video game installation sizes are out of control on the PC, causing hard drives and data caps to beg for mercy.. There could be an answer, if game vendors follow the lead of the PC software industry.
In this week's War of the Worlds, we debate topics including: Can Alexa and Siri be frenemies? Has China found the answer to stupid drone tricks? Watch us hash it out here.
Several years ago many major tech leaders declared that the PC was dead. It seemed that the art of connecting people to tethered screens had come to an end. I think what industry leaders actually meant was, that the age of good-enough computing was n...
This week, Oscar Raymundo battles Jon Phillips on everything from the iPhone battery fracas to Facebook's video initiative to eSports' soaring popularity.
Google is set to release a pair of smartwatches alongside next month's release of Android Wear 2.0, and there's a lot riding on them.
Instead of making unfashionable smart glasses, Apple will make fashionable glasses smart.
Microsoft is reducing the data it collects from your Windows 10 PCs, but what does that really mean? Good question. Microsoft isn’t saying.
New monetization schemes on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook let sites profit from inequality.
Remember the good old days, when you could brag about your MacBook Pro? Apple's latest has disillusioned many fans, but there's an answer: Bring back the beefy MacBook Pro 17. Here's how it could make Apple laptops great again.
By trying to extend the right to be forgotten beyond its borders, France is interfering with other nations’ sovereignty.
At CES this week, we're learning that virtual assistants like Amazon's Alexa will be delivered as a utility to almost every appliance in your home.
iPhone may have the retina display, but Google's phone is Pixel perfect.
With the climate warming before our eyes and global efforts to rein in greenhouse emissions so-far insufficient, the IT sector plays a critical role in mitigating and adapting to climate change.
Much has been written about the increasing use of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR). These technologies, which until quite recently were the stuff of Hollywood films, are now shifting into the mainstream as they become more sophisticat...
If you love going to the movies or live sporting events, but could do without high ticket and concession prices — not to mention babysitting costs — it’s time to create your own in-home entertainment center. A home entertainment room doesn’t have to ...
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft OneNote for beginners: Everything you need to know
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- You won't find a steering wheel or a driver on this autonomous shuttle
- MIT researchers set out to create self-assembling chips
Most Popular Articles
- 1 10 powerful, obscure Windows keyboard shortcuts you should know
- 2 Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- 3 LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- 4 Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- 5 Intel Optane Memory has a mission: Make hard drives faster than SSDs
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?