Last year saw a number of pretty nasty strains of ransomware. These 5 are some of the scariest.
Smartphones have become dramatically more powerful in recent years, featuring ever-increasing amounts of processing power, memory, and data storage, and higher screen resolutions. The only thing that seems to be lacking is enough battery power to kee...
Free Game Friday is no stranger to bizarre games, but this week's collection is maybe even stranger than usual. This week's collection of free games has you playing a music video with thousands of other people, fighting space squids and running aroun...
Believe it or not, t's been 40 years since the first ever cell phone call, so go and call a loved one then be sure to come back to read your mid-week GeekBytes update. Today's installment features a mechanical Etch-A-Sketch, emoticons and a lot of st...
Back in January I wrote about the "inconvenient truth" of trying to charge your iPad from a USB port: there's not enough juice.
Let's just get this out of the way: This story is no April Fool's prank no matter how far-fetched the headline seems at first glance. Despite an official network policy that is strictly anti-bootleg, an HBO exec says that rampant piracy isn't really ...
It's long been clear that Linux users are more than a little unhappy with the "Secure Boot" technology implemented by default in Windows 8 hardware, but in Spain, one group has decided to do more than simply try to work around it.
As regular Hassle-Free PC readers know, I love my keyboard shortcuts. And one of my favorites by far is the Windows key plus E (Win-E for short), which instantly opens Windows Explorer.
I thought I harbored a healthy amount of paranoia before I went to this week's RSA Conference for IT security professionals in San Francisco. But now I'm just plain scared--and not about hackers and phishers, the perennial bogeymen of the Internet un...
iTunes 11 arrived on the final day of November, barely in time to meet Apple's self-imposed November deadline for availability of the update. Actually, Apple had originally announced an October release but delayed the launch due to "engineering issue...
C. Corder asked me to recommend a program to help him find duplicate photos.
Windows 8 includes a ton of great new features that are easy to overlook amidst the sturm und drang over the Start screen. Meet Storage Spaces, a new Windows utility that allows you to connect multiple data storage devices (internal and external) tha...
This week we’ve got 5 different games that redefine difficultly in games. Some are hard to play, some are hard to watch and some are just brutally difficult for everyone involved. If you’re looking for a game that challenges you, each of these will f...
How's your home network these days?
[Ask the iTunes Guy is a regular column in which we answer your questions on everything iTunes related. If there’s something you’d like to know, send an email to the iTunes Guy for consideration.]
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft offers beta fix for Ryzen performance issues on Windows 11
- Intel Alder Lake to offer a non-hybrid version and AVX512, too
- The best graphics cards for PC gaming
- How to check what graphics card you have
- Apple’s latest hire could mean big things for Siri and HomePod
Most Popular Articles
- 1 If the Apple Watch Series 7 doesn’t wow you, this Series 8 rumor will
- 2 Windows 11 hurts AMD Ryzen performance even more than we thought
- 3 Some of the best Windows 11 features are hidden
- 4 Valheim Hearth and Home update is a builder's dream, say the developers
- 5 AMD Ryzen™ PRO 5000 Series Processors: The Answer for IT Efficiency
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?