Google isn’t reinventing the wheel with a new feature it is testing that allows any two computers using its Chrome browser to connect with each other.
Several of the souped-up Samsung tablets Microsoft handed out to 5,000 developers at last week's BUILD Windows conference are for sale on eBay at prices as high as US$3,500 (NZ$4,250).
So you want to try out Windows 8. Excellent! But you're not foolhardy enough to try using a developer preview build as your main work/play operating system -- you just want to dabble. We'll show you how to download and install the Windows 8 developer...
We've shown you how to go about installing the new Windows 8 developer preview on a brand-new hard drive or a partition of your existing hard drive--that's easy.
Windows 8 will include a new feature that lets IT administrators provide workers with a portable Windows environment on a USB thumb drive.
Microsoft will post the first developer preview beta of Windows 8 late today, the company announced as it showed off the new OS running on a Samsung tablet.
Microsoft has begun talking about Windows 8 in general terms, reprising a blog-based strategy that it used in the year-long run-up to Windows 7.
Dell expects both Windows 8 and Android to be credible options for tablet customers next year, and indicated it plans to offer products built around the two operating systems, a company executive said on Wednesday.
Microsoft on Tuesday patched the last vulnerability in Internet Explorer (IE) used by a researcher in March to win $15,000 at the annual Pwn2Own hacking contest.
Microsoft's Windows XP has slipped under the 50% share mark for the first time since Web measurement company Net Applications began tracking operating system usage.
The Internet loves cats. So it was no surprise to see the ever-so-trippy <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4">Nyan Cat</a> become an instant Web hit. Now, riding on the rainbow of its meme success, you can get a custom Nyan-inspired p...
This week, Microsoft revealed a little of what to expect from the next Windows operating system. With its Windows Phone look and touch - literally - and tiles everywhere, it will be a major refresh, but there's a still a number of unanswered question...
Microsoft has previewed its forthcoming version of the Windows operating system, codenamed Windows 8, at D9 in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.
Microsoft's claims that Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) blocks attacks just don't add up, a security researcher charged Friday.
While Microsoft has not announced the release date, or even the official name, of its follow-up to Windows 7, an early pre-beta version of the OS has surfaced on the Internet, the second version to appear within a month.
Latest News Articles
- Intel CEO pledges to beat Moore’s Law over the next decade
- iOS 15.2: Beta 1 brings the new App Privacy Report
- AMD bundles Xbox Game Pass with Radeon graphics cards and Ryzen CPUs
- Intel unveils pricier Alder Lake CPUs, the ‘world’s best gaming processor’
- Apple Music comes to PlayStation 5 in new subscriber push
Most Popular Articles
- 1 macOS Monterey: Update now or wait?
- 2 macOS Big Sur users should update to 11.6.1 right now
- 3 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 vs. RTX 3060 Ti: Which GPU should you buy?
- 4 Amazon extends Amazon Music Unlimited free trial
- 5 Meet Zephyr: Razer’s crazy RGB N95 mask gets real
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?