Microsoft stopped support for Windows XP on April 8: Meaning, no more software or security updates for the nearly 13-year-old OS, despite it still holding onto just under 30% of the desktop OS market (according to NetMarketShare). Microsoft wants XP users to upgrade to a newer Windows OS, preferably Windows 8.1. Yet many people are determined to hold on - you’ll have to pry Windows XP from their PC’s cold, dead hard drive. Here are nine reasons why.
windows xp in pictures
Like Windows XP itself, Microsoft's 'Bliss' image of rolling green hills has aged, and evolved. Here's its story— and what the real-world site looks like today.
Like Windows XP itself, Microsoft's 'Bliss' image of rolling green hills has aged, and evolved. Here's its story.
The National Security Agency has joined Microsoft in warning that a recent vulnerability for Windows 7 and Windows XP is "wormable" and can be exploited by malware without user intervention.
A new tool, calleed wanawiki, helps defeat the WannaCry ransomware on older Windows PCs by reconstructing the unlock key.
Blizzard's killing Windows XP and Vista support for its highly popular games, following in the footsteps of Chrome, Dropbox, Gmail, and Microsoft itself.
If Microsoft wants Windows 7 to succeed, to do better than limp like Vista, it has to convince the majority of users to ditch their comfortable-as-an-old-shoe -- older than an old shoe, actually -- OS.
Latest News Articles
- AMD’s $199 Radeon RX 6500 XT tested: 5 key things you need to know
- AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT review: A weird graphics card you might actually afford
- Why Microsoft buying Activision could mean big things for PlayStation on the PC
- Google is wrong. Apple’s iMessage is actually a failure
- Apple’s spring event comes into view with iPad, iPhone filings
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Is the new Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G worth it?
- 2 Intel tips plans for a Bitcoin mining chip
- 3 Apple’s 2022 iPad lineup: More speed and power, but few surprises
- 4 Apple is reportedly prepping an iPhone SE with a first-of-its-kind display
- 5 Tilted Towers will possibly return to Fortnite tonight
Join the newsletter!
- This adorable AirTag is one of the rarest Apple devices ever made
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?