Microsoft stopped support for Windows XP on April 8: Meaning, no more software or security updates for the nearly 13-year-old OS, despite it still holding onto just under 30% of the desktop OS market (according to NetMarketShare). Microsoft wants XP users to upgrade to a newer Windows OS, preferably Windows 8.1. Yet many people are determined to hold on - you’ll have to pry Windows XP from their PC’s cold, dead hard drive. Here are nine reasons why.
windows xp in pictures
A new tool, calleed wanawiki, helps defeat the WannaCry ransomware on older Windows PCs by reconstructing the unlock key.
Blizzard's killing Windows XP and Vista support for its highly popular games, following in the footsteps of Chrome, Dropbox, Gmail, and Microsoft itself.
Google quietly announced Tuesday that Gmail will stop supporting older versions of its Chrome browser, in a move that will put another nail in the coffins of Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Microsoft stopped support for Windows XP on April 8: Meaning, no more software or security updates for the nearly 13-year-old OS, despite it still holding onto just under 30% of the desktop OS market (according to NetMarketShare). Microsoft wants XP ...
Windows XP's decline has accelerated and the decade-old operating system shed its largest ever chunk of market share in October, according to data from a Web measurement company.
If Microsoft wants Windows 7 to succeed, to do better than limp like Vista, it has to convince the majority of users to ditch their comfortable-as-an-old-shoe -- older than an old shoe, actually -- OS.
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10: Microsoft finalizes the Fall Creators Update, teases a mixed-reality future
- A dual-port wall charger is $11 today
- We build an AMD Threadripper 1920X-Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti PC
- Why the Galaxy Note8 will make you fall back in love with the S Pen
- This is Samsung Galaxy Note8's dual-camera, Live Focus advantage
Most Popular Articles
- 1 A 500GB Samsung 850 Evo is $150 today
- 2 The best educational software for students
- 3 Android 8 Oreo is here: What's new, what's changed, and what's awesome
- 4 Family Zone ready new cyber safety tool for parents
- 5 5 awesome YouTube app features you probably aren't using
Join the newsletter!
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- GAMOSPHERE: Your August Roundup of Gaming News
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?