A business laptop with a solid build quality, plenty of useful features, and high user comfort
A Windows 8.1-based hybrid product that can be used equally well as a tablet or as a notebook
An Intel Core M CPU makes the ThinkPad Helix 2 run silently, gives it a bit more battery life
It's good as a tablet, but it could use a better keyboard base for use as a notebook
HP’s 13-inch laptop/tablet hybrid is a strong concept, but the execution could be better.
Windows 8 in pictures
If you’re going for an immediate upgrade to Windows 10 from your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 computer, this guide will get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
These features are too good to leave in Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 alone. Mr. Nadella, tear down this wall!
A website with an image directory that uses $MFT in its name is enough to crash Windows 7 and 8 PCs.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
Microsoft takes the rather harsh step of blocking Windows updates to those who try to run Windows 7 or Windows 8 on Intel Kaby Lake or AMD Ryzen chips.
Security firm Cybereason recently announced a free anti-ransomware program for Windows 7 and up, RansomwareFree.
Windows devices have a new threat thanks to a Secure Boot policy that leaked online.
It's super-easy to reinstall Windows 10 or 8, and not much more difficult to reinstall Windows 7. Use these tips to get the most out of a reinstall.
Over the past few weeks I've had the opportunity to test-drive a couple Windows 8 laptops, and even though I've used the OS intermittently for months now, I still find it jarring every time the Metro interface (a.k.a. Start screen) appears.
Windows 8 has a few new features (like the charms menu, the Start screen, and gesture commands) which may seem pointless or needlessly confusing at first blush. Experienced Windows users running a non-RT version of Windows 8 may be tempted to ignore ...
Earlier this year I suggested that because Microsoft was unbundling Windows Media Center from Windows 8, fans of the former should avoid upgrading to the latter.
Microsoft's Windows 8.1, the "do-over" operating system that Microsoft hopes will win back its fan base, is finally here.
Don't shed a tear for Windows RT, the neutered operating system cursed to be the red-headed stepchild of the Windows family (to Windows Phone's great relief). While the OS's rocky birth has since led to an even rockier childhood, its very existence i...
It's official: We've entered the tablet age, and 2013 looks to be a great year for slates. Tablets appeared in all forms at the International CES and were just about everywhere you looked--and the noteworthy and innovative models featured Windows 8, ...
PC gaming is primed for a renaissance—or at least a reinvention—like we haven’t seen since the advent of 3D acceleration in the late 1990s. For this, we can thank the mobile revolution and all its attendant technologies. Game developers can now tap i...
For all the talk about the advantages of Windows 8 over Windows 7—for example, account sync, better multiple monitor support, and faster startup times—some people just can't get past Windows 8's radical shift in user interface. Some may even want to ...
Latest News Articles
- PCWorld is streaming Atlas on Twitch and YouTube!
- For some, the glory days of Microsoft are ending in about a year
- Creative Super X-Fi review: A 'holographic audio' eargasm
- iOttie’s iON Wireless Stand review: A reliable wireless charger with the looks to match its speed
- Top 10 Apple and Android smartphones you can buy for under $300
Most Popular Articles
- 1 'Collection #1' reveals 773 million email addresses, passwords in one of largest data breaches ever
- 2 For some, the glory days of Microsoft are ending in about a year
- 3 Ring's founder says he's open to working with Google Assistant
- 4 LG V50 release date, price, specs and news rumours
- 5 Top 10 Apple and Android smartphones you can buy for under $300
Join the newsletter!
- CES 2019 Round-Up:
- Oppo R17 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Samsung’s Galaxy S10 will launch on Feb 20, and we only have one question.
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?