If you’re going for an immediate upgrade to Windows 10 from your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 computer, this guide will get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
Windows 7 in pictures
Here’s what’s noteworthy in the upcoming version of Microsoft’s browser.
Microsoft's final Windows 7 update added a bug that turned some wallpapers black, so it's preparing yet another final patch to fix it.
Researcher Brian Krebs is reporting that a major vulnerability affecting Windows' CryptoAPI service could allow malware to hide as a legitimate app.
PCs running Microsoft's Windows 7 exit support in January 2020. Here are your options, from staying put to upgrading.
If you're wondering how to transition from Windows 7 to Windows 10 once support ends in January, PCMover's Laplink Express can help. But there are a few catches.
The PC market grew in the third quarter of 2019 year over year, largely due to looming tariffs and the end of the road for Windows 7.
Windows 7 is officially end of life, meaning it will no longer receive security updates. If you're going to keep using it, here's how to stay as safe as possible.
It's super-easy to reinstall Windows 10 or 8, and not much more difficult to reinstall Windows 7. Use these tips to get the most out of a reinstall.
Microsoft's pushing Windows 10 onto Windows 7 and 8 PCs even if you didn't consent to it. Here's how to get your computer back to normal.
Disk partitioning--separating one physical hard drive into multiple independent volumes--can relieve all sorts of computer-related headaches, and thanks to the Disk Management tool included with Windows 7 and Vista, you can perform the task without e...
Just got your hands on Windows 7 and want to bend it to your will? No problem. We've got plenty of tips, hacks and secrets to keep you busy for a long time, including automatically opening Windows Explorer to a folder of your choice, speeding up task...
A nasty change to the way Microsoft's "Get Windows 10" pop-up behaves seems designed to trick users into upgrading.
If Microsoft wants Windows 7 to succeed, to do better than limp like Vista, it has to convince the majority of users to ditch their comfortable-as-an-old-shoe -- older than an old shoe, actually -- OS.
On Tuesday, Microsoft will post Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) for the general public.
Latest News Articles
- Outlook organization tips: 5 ways to tame the email pile
- Huawei hold their own with new Matebook laptops
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Epic will give away the next Total War game for free on launch day
- Facebook's Manage Activity lets you easily delete or archive posts and photos
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Samsung teams with Microsoft to ensure you’ll never stop paying for phones
- 2 Epic will give away the next Total War game for free on launch day
- 3 Kingston KC2500 NVMe SSD review: Good performance at a nice price
- 4 The best Dell XPS 13: How to choose among three great thin-and-lights
- 5 Google's latest Android features are too vital to be Pixel-only
Join the newsletter!
- Happy iPhone Day: Here's everything Apple just announced
- Dell XPS 13 (2020) review
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?