Microsoft's Windows 10 Insider build 20175 for the Dev Channel adds a new Eye Contact feature for the Surface app, plus an improved way to pin Edge tabs to your Windows taskbar.
Windows 10 Professional
Microsoft's Windows 10 Insider build 20161 makes major changes to the Start menu, taskbar, Alt+Tab, the Settings menu, and more. These are all experimental changes, but they're profound.
Microsoft says a recent patch solved an Always On, Always Connected bug that could cause affected devices to shut down or restart unexpectedly.
Microsoft launches its own automated package manager for Windows, App Installer, for people who like installing software via the command line.
The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) will gain finally gain GUI support, Microsoft said at Build 2020. Also on tap: fresh PowerToys and new initiatives like Project Reunion and WinUI 3.
Microsoft's fall update to Windows 10, the Windows 10 October 2020 Update (20H2), improves the ALT-Tab functionality, makes the Start menu less attractive, and makes the new Edge browser official.
From a FPS counter to better controls over Windows updates, here are five useful ways Microsoft's Windows 10 May 2020 Update can make life easier.
We Mark Microsoft's successes and failures in 2019, plus a few things that baffled us. But Microsoft's best moment wasn't a product at all.
Microsoft's Windows Security (formerly Windows Defender) is now on a par with paid solutions such as McAfee and Norton, meaning you could protect your PC for the price of free.
Windows 10's May 2019 Update offers many small and subtle improvements that are worth calling out. From display brightness to cursor boldness to GameBar tweaks, get the details here.
Latest News Articles
- Acer Swift 3 review: Great features outweigh disappointing performance
- Do you need a PCIe 4 SSD for gaming? | Ask an expert
- Something for everybody in Acer’s new models
- The Acer Swift 3x boasts Intel's new Iris Xe Max discrete GPU
- First iPhone 12 teardown tibits: Smaller batter, thinner display, new logic board
Most Popular Articles
- 1 LG Ultra PC 17 review: A big, lightweight laptop with graphics pep
- 2 The Porsche Design Acer Book RS brings sports-car flair to a premium laptop
- 3 New software program runs Windows directly on Chromebooks
- 4 reMarkable 2 review: A ‘paper tablet’ that can replace notebooks
- 5 iPhone 12 review roundup: Elegant, extraordinary, and future-proofed
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?