The HDBaseT Alliance wants to change a wired dependence with a strategy it has dubbed "5Play convergence": a wired network that carries digital video, audio, data, control signals, and--most interestingly--100 watts of electrical power over a single ...
Wi-Fi is getting faster -- again. The next chips will bebased on the coming 802.11ac standard, the successor to today’s 802.11n Wi-Fi. Products based on 802.11ac are expected to begin appearing late this year, delivering improved coverage and t...
Sometime on Friday, at the sprawling Hyatt Regency hotel in New Brunswick, N.J., an IEEE group called the Standards Board is expected to approve the 802.11n wireless LAN standard.
Latest News Articles
- Intel quietly kills its face-melting Optane desktop SSDs
- Samsung 870 EVO SATA SSD review: The speed you need, at sane prices
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 870 is a faster 865, but without WiFi 6E
- Pinterest launches new quarantine-driven boards
- Anda seats Australia’s gamers
Most Popular Articles
- 1 The Full Nerd: What you need to know about Ryzen 5000 mobile
- 2 Wait, did Nvidia just say it could make graphics cards for crypto-currency miners?
- 3 Apple’s next M1 MacBook Pros might dump the Touch Bar, revive MagSafe
- 4 5 innovations that pushed laptops forward at CES 2021
- 5 With the Galaxy S21, Samsung has finally figured out the iPhone's secret: Value
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?