Telecom carriers must get permission from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to replace their copper networks with Internet Protocol-based systems if the change will result in discontinued or reduced voice services for customers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may require the country's telecom carriers to warn residential and business customers about their plans to abandon old, copper telephone networks for IP-based systems.
The desktop phone may seem like a dinosaur in this mobile-first era, but with a 7-inch touch screen and an integrated camera on its latest model, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise begs to differ.
Network operator British Telecom is hoping to increase the popularity of its audioconferencing service by extending a high-quality audio feature to users of Web-based conferencing clients.
OnBeep is readying a wearable device that will let smartphone users initiate a voice chat with a pre-defined group of people, walkie-talkie style, and to support its development the startup announced Wednesday it has closed a US$6.25 million funding ...
Orcon's new Genius service and modem/phone launched yesterday, and according to Orcon, it's already immensely popular. Orcon had it's busiest web/phone sales day ever yesterday, and some 80% of those ordering Genius were new subscribers.
Whitepapers about voip
While corporations are issuing a growing array of wireless devices into the workplace, employees, partners and guests are also bringing in personal smartphones, tablets and laptops and expect to be able to connect them to the network seamlessly. Find out how your organisations can deliver high-performance applications, anywhere, on any device and over any access media.
Latest News Articles
- Arlo’s privacy-minded Essential Indoor Camera goes on sale
- Samsung’s 76-inch MicroLED TV will be its smallest yet
- Apple shares early results from its Hearing Study
- Microsoft still loves smart devices, rolling out Azure Percept camera, mic and services
- Intel's 11th-gen Rocket Lake will launch at the end of March, report says
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Intel's 11th-gen Rocket Lake will launch at the end of March, report says
- 2 The future of the iPhone: A folding screen, 5G SE, and notch-less Pro may be on the way
- 3 Intel's new 670p SSD is tuned for the 'real world'
- 4 Microsoft still loves smart devices, rolling out Azure Percept camera, mic and services
- 5 The story of the Windows XP 'Bliss' desktop theme (and what it looks like today)
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?