It's possible for companies to design their encryption systems to allow law enforcement agencies to access customer data with court-ordered warrants while still offering solid security, U.S. Department of Justice officials said.
U.S. National Security Agency
Opponents of a U.S. Senate bill intended to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats may have stalled a vote on the legislation.
A U.S. appeals court should immediately shut down the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records because the practice is illegal, the American Civil Liberties Union said.
The "possibility exists" for the U.S. Department of Justice to cut a deal that would allow surveillance leaker Edward Snowden to return to the U.S., a former attorney general said in a media interview.
Windows 10 close to finished... Intel reshuffles leadership... Microsoft, Kyocera strike Android patent licensing deal... and more tech news
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Latest News Articles
- You'll soon be able to stream Xbox games to your iPhone
- Nomad Base Station Pro review: Luxury wireless charging at a luxury price
- Fitbit Sense review: Ambitious to a fault
- MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio review: Big GPU, big cooler, big results
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090: 3440x1440 ultrawide benchmarks
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Apple releases iOS and iPadOS 14.0.1
- 2 iPad (8th generation) review: It's got a faster processor, and that's all
- 3 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition: It works hard, it plays hard
- 4 The Galaxy S20 Fan Edition is for fans of Samsung phones that cost $700
- 5 Is it still worth it to buy a used Xeon for a DIY PC build? | Ask an expert
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?