The U.S. Congress should take a hands-off approach toward the burgeoning Internet of Things industry and let vendors figure out how to deal with privacy and security issues, representatives of four trade groups said.
U.S. House of Representatives
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to require ICANN, which coordinates the Internet's domain name system, to jump through several hoops before a government agency ends its oversight of the organization.
A bill aimed at making it more difficult for so-called patent trolls to file unfair patent-infringement lawsuits has passed in a U.S. House of Representatives committee.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has voted to require the Federal Communications Commission to suspend new net neutrality rules until a series of lawsuits challenging the regulations are resolved.
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill to permanently extend a 17-year moratorium on taxing Internet access and other online services.
Latest News Articles
- How to preorder Apple’s new AirTag trackers
- 100 Great PC Games You Should Play Before You Die
- iOS 14.6: Apple releases beta 1 to developers
- Apple celebrates Earth Day by highlighting content throughout its ecosystem
- No joke: World of Warships just added Leroy Jenkins as a playable character
Most Popular Articles
- 1 No, Apple's new M1 iPad Pro won't kill the PC
- 2 The new M1 iMac in pictures
- 3 iPad Pro (2021): 5 standout features that make the best tablet even better
- 4 Apple TV 4K and tvOS: What you need to know about Apple’s video streaming device
- 5 How does Apple's new M1 iMac compare to Windows All-in-One PCs?
Join the newsletter!
- Bowers and Wilkins launch the PI7 and PI5 wireless earphones
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?