Telecom NZ has announced that its 4G mobile network will go live overnight tonight in parts of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
Telecom is set to launch its 4G network on 12 November in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. The network will be available to both prepaid and monthly-pay customers on Telecom’s current plans at no extra cost.
Update: There are currently nine handsets available in New Zealand that support LTE, Telecom said today, but that number is expected to double by October.
Telecom, Vodafone and Australian telco Telstra today announced a joint plan to build a trans-tasman, submarine internet cable.
A week ago I wrote about what appeared to be a minor spam problem at Xtra. Well, perhaps not so minor. Later that morning I heard from friend in a small Wellington company. Their 20 staff had received over 1,000 spam messages that weekend.
Wondering when you're going to be getting ultra-fast broadband in your home? While a handful of areas are already equipped for ultra-fast broadband, rollouts are only just beginning in many of the pilot areas.
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft is ready to leave Windows 8 behind, just like everyone else
- Apple’s AR headset again tipped to arrive within months
- Everything you need to know about 4K
- Best Optus iPhone SE (3rd gen) plans
- 100 Great PC Games You Should Play Before You Die
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Top 10 Android smartphones you can buy for under $400
- 2 100 Great PC Games You Should Play Before You Die
- 3 Microsoft is ready to leave Windows 8 behind, just like everyone else
- 4 Tim Cook drops Apple’s biggest AR headset tease yet: ‘Stay tuned’
- 5 Everything you need to know about 4K
Join the newsletter!
- This adorable AirTag is one of the rarest Apple devices ever made
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?