Not quite a Surface-killer
Hugely expensive but still unique and still very fast
Microsoft has done a lot more than replace the notebook
Though the Surface Pro 2 changes little from its predecessor, every little change is for the better.
Surface in pictures
They were flat. Many had pens or touchscreens. And most of them died. Swipe back in time to see how tablets have evolved to the Surface, iPad, and Android slates we use today.
Microsoft’s 2nd generation products mean more responsive devices and more time unplugged.
Microsoft is expected to debut the Surface Pro 8, Surface Go 3, and Surface Pro X tablets; the Surface Book 4 plus the Surface Duo 2 phone.
The 12.5-inch "Sparti" Surface Laptop priced somewhere below $600 will debut as part of a Microsoft Surface refresh this fall.
Some of Microsoft's premium Surface devices can't get the latest Windows 10 May 2020 Update, which was released last week.
Microsoft chief product officer Panos Panay says that dual-screen Windows PCs like the Surface Neo won't ship until "the right moment".
Some users say that the Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 has begun spontaneously developing cracks in the screen, leading them to call upon Microsoft to look into it.
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Videos about Surface
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on with the original iPod: ‘Definitely’ worth $399
- Twenty years ago, the iPod paved the way for Apple’s success
- iPod at 20: A complete timeline of Apple’s iconic music player
- Best power banks: The top portable chargers for devices
- Windows 10’s big November update is a lot smaller than usual
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Best way to get the Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro in Australia
- 2 Google may have built a better iPhone with the Pixel 6
- 3 Meet Zephyr: Razer’s crazy RGB N95 mask gets real
- 4 NZXT’s PC building kits take the fear and guesswork out of DIY desktops
- 5 The M2 MacBook Air could be the MacBook Pro for the rest of us
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?