A value-driven flagship with few trade-offs
smartphones in pictures
Chinese smartphone brand OnePlus has finally come to Australia. Our review unit of their flagship OnePlus 5 smartphone arrived in the office earlier today and we couldn't wait to open it up and see how it fared.
Oppo makes phones that are both great value and great on their own. Recently we've been impressed with the very pretty Oppo R9s and the larger, does-it-all Oppo R9s Plus. The latter competes with the best, flagship phones on the market but costs much less money.
The hype around Samsung's Galaxy S8 has been off the charts - something that normally makes us wary. However, having spent some time with the device today our hopes are heightened.
Samsung delayed the launch of its flagship Samsung Galaxy S8 Android smartphone, but it has launched it's mid-range Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 model. We were keen to have a look and see if it was worth bothering with.
Zagg has quietly begun rolling out their new InvisibleShield on Demand service across Australian retailers.
HMD Global has announced the release of the Nokia 5.1 Plus on Android One in Australia.
LG has launched the LG Q Stylus, a mid-range smartphone.
Catch have added some huge discounts in their $4M Electronics Clear Out Sale. Here are our picks.
Huawei has taken the second position on the worldwide smartphone market share according to preliminary data from IDC.
Changing the voice used for navigation on an Android phone from robotic to something more natural is easy, but buried in the menus.
Password-protecting your smartphone makes sense, as it prevents unauthorized users from accessing your data.
Here are ten solid smartphones that released in the last year (or so) that have already seen their price-tags slashed.
Here are five foldable smartphones we expect to see before the year is out.
Realistically, when it comes to the budget-smartphones versus older flagships, it depends on how ‘old’ you’re looking to go.
The amount of value and features you can find in smartphones that cost less than $200 is a lot more than what it was even only a few years ago.
If our round-up of the best Apple and Android smartphones you can find for under $400 and $500 wasn’t good enough for you, here’s our latest list of the top 10 best Android and Apple phones you can find for under $300.
Latest News Articles
- Amazon's Alexa might be the first thing you see in a future version of Windows 10
- Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update on the Surface Book 2
- AMD officially hires Alienware's Frank Azor as its new gaming chief
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 855 Plus might make the Galaxy Note 10 and Google Pixel 4 even faster
- Warning: Watch out for Prime Day graphics card 'deals' that aren't worth your money
Most Popular Articles
- 1 AMD officially hires Alienware's Frank Azor as its new gaming chief
- 2 Microsoft brings new ways to pester your coworkers to Microsoft Teams
- 3 Warning: Watch out for Prime Day graphics card 'deals' that aren't worth your money
- 4 Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers review: Lighting the way for other MMORPGs
- 5 Graphics card massacre: 6 GPUs you absolutely should not buy right now
Join the newsletter!
- Leakers might have just given us a first-look at the Google Pixel 4 (and I think I hate it)
- Beats PowerBeats Pro Totally Wireless Earphones review: A debut worth the wait
- Trump tariffs on Chinese goods could cost you $120 more for notebook PCs, say Dell, HP and CTA
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?