Is one of the first AM4 motherboards any good?
AMD's investments in Ryzen and 7nm technology pay off in a big way, with record revenue on top of the highest quarterly client processor sales in six years.
Speaking to PC World, AMD representatives are open-minded about picking up where the Hades Canyon left off.
AMD says that a new BIOS to fix its 3rd-gen Ryzen boost issue has been sent to motherboard partners, increasing boost speeds, lowering overall voltages, and accompanied by a new monitoring SDK.
AMD says that it will provide a BIOS fix to address reports that its 3rd-gen Ryzen chips can't hit advertised turbo boost speeds.
Major retailers are still sold out of AMD's Ryzen 3900X and 3800X CPUs, two weeks after the chips began to ship. That's caused spot prices to spike to $740 on eBay, almost $250 higher than retail.
AMD told us with its review sample that running the RyzenMaster overclocking and monitoring app while performing tests can make the test run slower (thereby proving a Quantum Theory) and they are correct.
AMD has been very excited about its new Ryzen processor which we were told offers 8 cores, superior performance and all at a superior price to Intel. We were hoping these claims were true as the lack of competition in this space has seen technology j...
The first reviews of AMD's insane 64-core Threadripper 3990X show a CPU that's in a performance class by itself, but it's not for everyone, and it has some distinct limitations as well.
Intel's Core i9 and AMD's Threadripper are duking it out to be best enthusiast CPU. We dive deep into the specs and performance to see which will prevail.
Latest News Articles
- This insightful Intel video explains how CPUs are made, in words you can actually understand
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 screens are cracking, some users say
- Hands on: Microsoft's Office app for Android is tuned for the smartphone generation
- We build a capable $300 gaming PC. Believe it!
- HP Envy 13 review: A slim, light, and inexpensive workhorse with discrete graphics
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to create and customize tables in Microsoft Word
- 2 MSI Prestige 14 review: Workhorse power in a thin-and-light shell
- 3 We build a capable $300 gaming PC. Believe it!
- 4 Hands on: Microsoft's Office app for Android is tuned for the smartphone generation
- 5 Asus blames AMD guidelines for high ROG Strix Radeon RX 5700 temperatures, announces fix
Join the newsletter!
- HP Spectre x360 13: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S20 vs S20+ vs S20 Ultra
- Here's how much the Motorola Razr will cost in Australia
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?