Android, this is your life.
operating systems in pictures
While we likely won’t see Android 5.0 (Key Lime Pie) for some time, new apps suggest that the future look and feel of Google’s mobile OS could be built upon "cards".
Dell is opening up its network operating system, one step toward a data-center OS that could help enterprises emulate cloud companies like Google and Facebook.
When Microsoft announced that it would be offering consumers a free upgrade to Windows 10, it got a lot of people talking. After all, the company charged US$199 per license for consumers to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional just six years ago. So cle...
Apple has updated Boot Camp, its utility that allows Windows to run on a Mac, to support Windows 10, two weeks after Microsoft launched its latest OS.
Next month, Microsoft will update Windows RT 8.1 to give users a handful of new features like improvements to the Start menu and lock screen on their devices. Some reports have claimed that the changes will make the tablet's interface more closely re...
Microsoft has expanded its diagnostic data collection with Windows 10, making mandatory what had been a voluntary telemetry program.
Over the past few weeks I've had the opportunity to test-drive a couple Windows 8 laptops, and even though I've used the OS intermittently for months now, I still find it jarring every time the Metro interface (a.k.a. Start screen) appears.
Problem: Your hard drive is getting full.
Earlier this year I suggested that because Microsoft was unbundling Windows Media Center from Windows 8, fans of the former should avoid upgrading to the latter.
Cortana, Microsoft's smart, snarky digital assistant, is one of the highlight features of Windows 10, imbuing the operating system with a sense of presence that never existed in previous versions of Windows. Cortana's natural language search capabili...
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
It's movie night, 2016. A crop of teens streams through the kitchen, snagging chips and drinks as they head downstairs to watch the latest blockbuster on the new 4K monitor. There's excited chatter as the movie begins to play, then--
Microsoft has lost more than $1.2 billion so far on its Surface tablet business, an expensive experiment that makes tomorrow's revelations of new hardware an important milestone for the "devices" side of its corporate-refashioning strategy.
Microsoft's Windows 8.1, the "do-over" operating system that Microsoft hopes will win back its fan base, is finally here.
Latest News Articles
- The future of the iPhone: A folding screen, 5G SE, and notch-less Pro may be on the way
- Blower-style RTX 3090 cards are disappearing, and that's bad for prosumers
- Intel 670p SSD review: Faster where it matters
- Intel's new 670p SSD is tuned for the 'real world'
- How to create strong, secure passwords by learning how to crack them
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How does an RTX 3080 perform inside an eGPU?
- 2 The story of the Windows XP 'Bliss' desktop theme (and what it looks like today)
- 3 The future of the iPhone: A folding screen, 5G SE, and notch-less Pro may be on the way
- 4 Intel's new 670p SSD is tuned for the 'real world'
- 5 Acer Swift 3X review: This lightweight laptop shows Intel's Xe Max magic
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?