Android, this is your life.
operating systems in pictures
While we likely won’t see Android 5.0 (Key Lime Pie) for some time, new apps suggest that the future look and feel of Google’s mobile OS could be built upon "cards".
Dell is opening up its network operating system, one step toward a data-center OS that could help enterprises emulate cloud companies like Google and Facebook.
When Microsoft announced that it would be offering consumers a free upgrade to Windows 10, it got a lot of people talking. After all, the company charged US$199 per license for consumers to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional just six years ago. So cle...
Apple has updated Boot Camp, its utility that allows Windows to run on a Mac, to support Windows 10, two weeks after Microsoft launched its latest OS.
Next month, Microsoft will update Windows RT 8.1 to give users a handful of new features like improvements to the Start menu and lock screen on their devices. Some reports have claimed that the changes will make the tablet's interface more closely re...
Microsoft has expanded its diagnostic data collection with Windows 10, making mandatory what had been a voluntary telemetry program.
Over the past few weeks I've had the opportunity to test-drive a couple Windows 8 laptops, and even though I've used the OS intermittently for months now, I still find it jarring every time the Metro interface (a.k.a. Start screen) appears.
Problem: Your hard drive is getting full.
Earlier this year I suggested that because Microsoft was unbundling Windows Media Center from Windows 8, fans of the former should avoid upgrading to the latter.
Cortana, Microsoft's smart, snarky digital assistant, is one of the highlight features of Windows 10, imbuing the operating system with a sense of presence that never existed in previous versions of Windows. Cortana's natural language search capabili...
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
It's movie night, 2016. A crop of teens streams through the kitchen, snagging chips and drinks as they head downstairs to watch the latest blockbuster on the new 4K monitor. There's excited chatter as the movie begins to play, then--
Microsoft has lost more than $1.2 billion so far on its Surface tablet business, an expensive experiment that makes tomorrow's revelations of new hardware an important milestone for the "devices" side of its corporate-refashioning strategy.
Microsoft's Windows 8.1, the "do-over" operating system that Microsoft hopes will win back its fan base, is finally here.
Latest News Articles
- Gato Roboto review: A platforming-heavy metroidvania with a cute look
- Amazon turn the page on second-gen Kindle Oasis
- Ecovacs are now selling a robot vacuum cleaner for less than $500
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active review: One step forward, two steps back
- Jabra Elite 85h review: Good noise-cancelling headphones that come with a hint of greatness
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Apple recalls older MacBook Pro over fire risk
- 2 Amazon turn the page on second-gen Kindle Oasis
- 3 Google won't be making Android or Chrome OS tablets ever again
- 4 Ecovacs are now selling a robot vacuum cleaner for less than $500
- 5 Trump tariffs on Chinese goods could cost you $120 more for notebook PCs, say Dell, HP and CTA
Join the newsletter!
- Computex 2019
- Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- Huawei P30 Pro review: Full, in-depth review
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?