In a move to jump ahead of other PaaS (platform as a service) providers in the enterprise space, Red Hat will augment its OpenShift offering with a suite of middleware to ease the process of deploying cloud-based applications.
We mined Microsoft’s open source hosting repository to unearth 12 invaluable Windows admin tools -- and they're all free
Google will team with the online-learning consortium backed by Harvard, MIT, Stanford and others to build out a new site that can be used to host courses online.
For this year's annual update to PostgreSQL, the developers behind the open source database have added several new ways to communicate with other databases and data storage systems.
The Apache Cassandra NoSQL distributed data store continues to accumulate features that mimic traditional databases, with the newly released version 2 of the open source software offering triggers, lightweight transactions and an updated query langua...
It was 22 years ago on Sunday that Linus Torvalds announced in a newsgroup posting that he was creating a free operating system, a message he echoed in his announcement Sunday of the latest Linux kernel release candidate.
Canonical raised only US$12.8 million of the $32 million it wanted for the production of the Ubuntu-based Edge smartphone.
An open-source project aims to give a rudimentary eye to robots with the help of a camera that can detect, identify and track the movement of specific objects.
Chinese hackers are using an automated tool to exploit known vulnerabilities in Apache Struts, in order to install backdoors on servers hosting applications developed with the framework.
Surging tablet sales and the muted response to Windows 8 have opened the door for Android at this year's Computex and exposed deeper cracks in the Wintel powerhouse of Windows software and Intel chips.
Linux fans may recall the GNOME project's announcement late last fall that it was planning to drop its "fallback" mode aimed at systems incapable of 3D rendering and to deliver a brand-new "classic" mode instead.
It wasn't all that long ago that Canonical extended the support period for Long Term Support (LTS) releases of its Ubuntu Linux from three years to five, but last week it made a move in the opposite direction for its non-LTS software.
As the free trial period for Microsoft Office 2013 draws to a close, it's a pretty safe bet that more users than ever are thinking long and hard about whether or not to buy or subscribe.
Ilya Zhitomirskiy, the 22-year-old co-founder of privacy-focused social network <a href="http://diasporafoundation.org/">Diaspora</a>, has died in San Francisco.
When it comes to the fast-moving business of trading stocks, bonds and derivatives, the world's financial exchanges are finding an ally in Linux, at least according to one Linux kernel developer working in that industry.
Latest News Articles
- Arlo’s privacy-minded Essential Indoor Camera goes on sale
- Samsung’s 76-inch MicroLED TV will be its smallest yet
- Apple shares early results from its Hearing Study
- Microsoft still loves smart devices, rolling out Azure Percept camera, mic and services
- Intel's 11th-gen Rocket Lake will launch at the end of March, report says
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Intel's 11th-gen Rocket Lake will launch at the end of March, report says
- 2 The future of the iPhone: A folding screen, 5G SE, and notch-less Pro may be on the way
- 3 Intel's new 670p SSD is tuned for the 'real world'
- 4 Microsoft still loves smart devices, rolling out Azure Percept camera, mic and services
- 5 The story of the Windows XP 'Bliss' desktop theme (and what it looks like today)
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?