Dell will start selling systems early next year that run Red Hat's version of the OpenStack open-source cloud platform.
Munich's switch to open-source software has been successfully completed, with the vast majority of the public administration's users now running its own version of Linux, city officials said Thursday.
For the next generation of its flagship enterprise Linux distribution, Red Hat aims to support new cloud technologies while preserving the ways of the seasoned system administrator.
SAP has made a series of announcements aimed at bringing more software developers into its fold, making their jobs easier and bolstering the reach of its HANA in-memory computing platform.
Oracle is now a corporate sponsor of the OpenStack Foundation and plans to weave parts of the open-source infrastructure platform into its own products, saying it will give customers more flexibility and options for managing clouds.
Home appliances, cars and computers could soon be talking to one another thanks to an open source framework that has the backing of consumer electronics manufacturers in a new industry alliance.
Internet services and other organizations hoping to plant a newsfeed on their Web sites, or aggregate their log files, could get a hand from a new pub/sub (publish-subscribe) messaging application called [<a href="http://kafka.apache.org">Kafka</a>, ...
Oracle has fully integrated the long-awaited Linux DTrace debugging tool into the latest release of its Linux distribution, potentially allowing administrators and developers to pinpoint the cause of thorny performance issues with more accuracy.
In a move that could add momentum to game development on Linux, game maker Valve has joined the Linux Foundation and will contribute tools for developers to work with its SteamOS.
Continuing its practice of sharing internally developed software, Facebook has released as open source RocksDB, the embedded data store the company developed to serve content to its 1.2 billion users.
Joining Fedora and Ubuntu, the new version of the community driven OpenSUSE can now be run on AArch64 processors, further preparing the market for servers running on the new 64-bit ARM architecture.
Helping scientific supercomputing take advantage of emerging big-data technologies, high-performance computing manufacturer Cray is releasing a set of packages promising to optimize the process of running Hadoop on the company's XC30 machines.
Suse Linux Enterprise (SLE) version 11 and up will come with 10 years of general support instead of the seven years offered up to now, in a move that matches services from competitors.
Red Hat is cutting prices on the commercial version of its OpenShift Online PaaS (platform as a service) and making it available in more European countries, moves aimed at gaining a stronger foothold in one of the enterprise software industry's hotte...
Enterprise open-source software vendor Red Hat is keeping an eye on the development of 64-bit ARM processors for servers, building up expertise in case the nascent platform takes hold in the data center.
Latest News Articles
- Best iPad 2021: Wait for the Pro if you want the best
- Weekly Apple Update: New iPads finally on the way but supply shortages cause delays
- Samsung's iTest web app is like an April Fools' Day joke that arrived a week late
- Apple confirms what we knew all along: iMessage is never coming to Android
- Corsair K65 RGB Mini: Hands-on with the 60-percent mechanical gaming keyboard
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Samsung's iTest web app is like an April Fools' Day joke that arrived a week late
- 2 Apple confirms what we knew all along: iMessage is never coming to Android
- 3 You should probably buy your memory now before prices get worse
- 4 How to disable start up programs in Windows 10 to make boot times faster
- 5 How to use ‘Hey Spotify’ voice commands in the Spotify iOS app
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?