Microsoft announces the general availability of Office 2019 for Windows and Mac, which will be available to consumers shortly. Here's what in it, and what features Microsoft is holding back for Office 365.
At Microsoft Ignite, Microsoft announces a ton of features that tap the Azure cloud. A few, such as Microsoft Search and Ideas, directly benefit office workers using Office 365.
Office 2019 will be Microsoft's latest suite of perpetual apps, where users pay once for Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and more.
Microsoft has moved the navigation elements of OneNote to the left-hand rail on most versions, to benefit accessibility tools like screen readers.
Standalone Office users will start to feel the pinch in a few years, when Microsoft will cut off services unless you subscribe to Office 365. OneDrive and Skype for Business will be the first perks to go.
PowerPoint supports a number of common audio and video formats. We'll go through the details and show you how to incorporate audio and video files into your presentation slides.
Excel provides over 16 dozen geometric shapes that you can size and manipulate to your specific needs, plus hundreds of special effects.
Almost any PowerPoint presentation would benefit from clever animation, and the Internet has an endless supply of animated templates
Excel can send alerts based on spreadsheet data, but you'll need to write a macro to do it. We'll show you how.
Excel creates most commonly used barcodes, either from free installed fonts, or add-ins for a price. Here's how.
Latest News Articles
- Amazon's Alexa might be the first thing you see in a future version of Windows 10
- Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update on the Surface Book 2
- AMD officially hires Alienware's Frank Azor as its new gaming chief
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 855 Plus might make the Galaxy Note 10 and Google Pixel 4 even faster
- Warning: Watch out for Prime Day graphics card 'deals' that aren't worth your money
Most Popular Articles
- 1 AMD officially hires Alienware's Frank Azor as its new gaming chief
- 2 Microsoft brings new ways to pester your coworkers to Microsoft Teams
- 3 Warning: Watch out for Prime Day graphics card 'deals' that aren't worth your money
- 4 Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers review: Lighting the way for other MMORPGs
- 5 Graphics card massacre: 6 GPUs you absolutely should not buy right now
Join the newsletter!
- Leakers might have just given us a first-look at the Google Pixel 4 (and I think I hate it)
- Beats PowerBeats Pro Totally Wireless Earphones review: A debut worth the wait
- Trump tariffs on Chinese goods could cost you $120 more for notebook PCs, say Dell, HP and CTA
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?