An elaborate crop circle that appeared last week in a grain field in California was a stunt by chip-maker Nvidia.
Qualcomm and Nvidia get most of the headlines in the mobile chip business, but two Chinese vendors are cornering the market for processors used in low-cost tablets, and in 2014 they might find their way into a product near you.
Nvidia's Mental Ray high-performance 3D rendering software has a vulnerability that could be exploited to compromise clusters of specialized computers called render farms, according to researchers from ReVuln.
A network researcher at the U.S. Department of Energy's Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory has found a potential new use for graphics processing units -- capturing data about network traffic in real time.
Nvidia wants to help create some of the world's fastest computers with its latest Tesla K40 graphics chip, which is its fastest supercomputing co-processor to date.
IBM achieved a computing breakthrough when the Watson supercomputer outperformed humans in game show "Jeopardy," but the company now wants to supercharge its high-end Power servers by tapping into graphics processors for the first time.
Nvidia has made improvements to its underlying software tools to make it easier to write programs for faster execution across CPUs and graphics processors.
Nvidia's Tegra 4i processor, the first of its chips with integrated support for LTE cellular data, is on course to appear in products early next year, the company's CEO said Thursday.
Hewlett-Packard has joined Nvidia's growing Grid alliance, equipping a Gen8 Proliant blade server with graphics boards that can speed up and lower the cost of virtual desktop deployments.
Though earnings from some tech vendors brightened up a week of tepid market reports, shares of IT companies broadly declined Friday along with the rest of the market.
Nvidia is expecting Tegra chip revenue to drop by as much as 40 per cent this year, with the company indirectly blaming Microsoft's Windows RT OS for the decline.
IBM will license designs of the Power microprocessor architecture to other companies including Google, in an effort to expand use of the architecture and reverse declines in its systems hardware business.
AMD hopes to have a big second half in 2013, launching three new CPUs featuring integrated graphics that perform on par with the company's discrete GPUs. On Thursday, AMD revealed key details of these next-generation mobile chips, code-named Temash, ...
Last month's release of Nvidia's Titan graphics card--the most powerful consumer GPU ever announced--may have inspired uncontrollable drooling among the enthusiast crowd, but at a cool $1000, the card simply isn't priced to move. AMD's latest release...
Nvidia wants to bump up graphics and application performance on tablets and smartphones with the two new Tegra mobile processors.
Latest News Articles
- Intel CEO pledges to beat Moore’s Law over the next decade
- iOS 15.2: Beta 1 brings the new App Privacy Report
- AMD bundles Xbox Game Pass with Radeon graphics cards and Ryzen CPUs
- Intel unveils pricier Alder Lake CPUs, the ‘world’s best gaming processor’
- Apple Music comes to PlayStation 5 in new subscriber push
Most Popular Articles
- 1 macOS Monterey: Update now or wait?
- 2 macOS Big Sur users should update to 11.6.1 right now
- 3 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 vs. RTX 3060 Ti: Which GPU should you buy?
- 4 Amazon extends Amazon Music Unlimited free trial
- 5 Meet Zephyr: Razer’s crazy RGB N95 mask gets real
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?