Telstra has upgraded two base stations in Sydney and one in Melbourne in preparation for the expected launch next year of its first 5G services.
Vodafone Hutchison Australia and TPG have agreed to a “merger of equals” the companies announced this morning.
The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) could be scrapped under government proposals to deal with soaring complaints about phone and Internet services.
Australia will be left behind if the government bans the nation’s telcos from using 5G equipment supplied by Huawei, the chairperson of the Chinese company’s local subsidiary has warned.
Although it is still early days for the roll out of fibre to the curb, NBN says that its efforts to ensure a smooth migration process from the legacy copper network to FTTC has paid off when it comes to end user satisfaction.
NBN is planning to offer two new bundled offerings for retail service providers (RSPs), with the wholesaler launching new consultations with telcos on the proposals.
A document outlining the key points for the Rudd government’s 2009 announcement that it would fund the rollout of a national fibre network and a second document outlining a strategy for negotiating with Telstra and other potential investors in NBN Co...
TPG will no longer sell NBN services at the 25/5Mbps speed tier, the retail service provider (RSP) revealed today.
NBN will press pause on its rollout of further hybrid fibre-coaxial (HFC) connections while it works to address poor performance encountered by end users.
Most Telstra customers with fibre to the node (FTTN) National Broadband Network connections and 100/40Mbps services were not able to achieve the speeds they paid for.
Some 6 million households and businesses are able to connect to the National Broadband Network, NBN announced this morning.
Huawei appears to be seeking to stake out a central co-ordinating role in the evolution of 5G mobile applications.
Facebook’s 100-gigabit switch design has been accepted by the Open Compute Project, a step that should help to foster an open ecosystem of hardware and software on high-speed networking gear.
Labor leader Bill Shorten has offered new hints at the shape of the NBN policy that his party will take to the election.
It’s still too early to determine how much effort will be required to whip into shape the elements of Telstra’s copper network that will be used for the National Broadband Network, according to an analysis prepared on behalf of NBN.
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft is testing a Cortana 'File Skill' to find files faster in Windows 10
- Wristcam brings two cameras to your Apple Watch band for $299
- HomePod mini review: Small sound and familiar frustrations
- GPU sales rise across the board, from AMD and Intel to Nvidia
- 5 ideas Samsung should steal from the iPhone 12
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition review: Spectacular 1440p gaming
- 2 Asus TUF GeForce RTX 3060 Ti review: Stone cold, dead silent
- 3 iPhone 12 vs Android’s best: It’s time to consider switching phones
- 4 Where is the Qualcomm Snapdragon that will challenge Apple's M1 Macs?
- 5 Wyze Noise-Cancelling Headphones review: Startlingly affordable
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?