Grown-ups and <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/print/9197199/Why_one_company_is_switching_sales_laptops_for_iPads">IT departments</a> aren't the only ones eying the Apple <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9149338/Continui...
The term 4G wireless literally refers to fourth-generation wireless technology, but apparently there's not much else that buyers can count on when it comes to <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9195078/4G_definition_creates_marketing_fre...
Although the Apple tablet been available for just seven months, the iPad is being strongly embraced by businesses, particularly financial services, health care, technology, and legal providers, say three separate enterprise surveys. A big reason is t...
As the CEOs from Google, Microsoft, Nokia and Research In Motion (RIM) get set to take the stage at Mobile World Congress in February, the mobile OSes war looks set to get even tougher.
With upgrades to its Flash Builder, Flex, and AIR application development technologies Monday, Adobe Systems is taking a decidedly mobile bent.
Nearly one-third of the world's population will be online by the end of the year, according to a United Nations report.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs yesterday took shots at Google and dismissed iPad wannabes as "dead on arrival" during his company's earnings call with Wall Street analysts.
Apple's iPhone 4 is "significantly more prone to physical damage" than last year's iPhone 3GS, a company that provides after-sale warranties said today.
Microsoft announced the Windows Phone 7 OS for handheld devices on Monday, taking a step forward in the company's efforts to strengthen its position in the still-growing smartphone market. CEO Steve Ballmer unveiled the first phones to run the OS, an...
Two years ago, HTC delivered the first smartphone to use Google's Android mobile phone software, the G1. On Monday, the Taiwanese company unveiled five smartphones with Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 operating system and these phones will be availab...
Samsung Electronics became the second mobile phone maker after rival LG Electronics to leak a new Windows Phone 7 smartphone, the Omia 7, model GT-I8700.
The CTIA mobile conference usually revolves around applications and services for mobile phones. But this year in San Francisco it's tablet computers that are the center of attention -- and not only because they are popular with consumers, as many mig...
Some wireless application developers are hesitant about next week's launch of Windows Phone 7 devices, preferring to wait and see how the phones sell before investing big in the platform.
Google has made a sweeping request that a court throw out the <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9180703/Google_calls_Oracle_lawsuit_baseless_vows_to_fight_it">copyright- and patent-infringement lawsuit filed in August by Oracle</a> over...
Although sales of Apple's iPad haven't panicked PC makers yet, trends by tablet owners may give laptop manufacturers some sleepless nights next year, a market research analyst said today.
Latest News Articles
- Intel CEO pledges to beat Moore’s Law over the next decade
- iOS 15.2: Beta 1 brings the new App Privacy Report
- AMD bundles Xbox Game Pass with Radeon graphics cards and Ryzen CPUs
- Intel unveils pricier Alder Lake CPUs, the ‘world’s best gaming processor’
- Apple Music comes to PlayStation 5 in new subscriber push
Most Popular Articles
- 1 macOS Monterey: Update now or wait?
- 2 macOS Big Sur users should update to 11.6.1 right now
- 3 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 vs. RTX 3060 Ti: Which GPU should you buy?
- 4 Amazon extends Amazon Music Unlimited free trial
- 5 Meet Zephyr: Razer’s crazy RGB N95 mask gets real
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?