IDC's surprising forecast that <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9215277/Windows_Phone_to_hit_second_spot_by_2015_IDC_says">Windows Phone will surge to second place</a> in global smartphone OSes by 2015 -- up from its current fifth plac...
Worldwide smartphone shipments were up 75 per cent, to 302 million in 2010, a trend driven by impressive Android growth in the fourth quarter, market research firm IDC said.
On the back of Samsung Galaxy Tab sales, Android tablets grabbed a 22% share of the world's tablet market last quarter, denting for the first time the iPad's dominance, a research firm said today.
BOSTON -- With dozens of new tablets hitting the market in 2011, Research in Motion (RIM) faces an uphill climb with its upcoming 7-in. PlayBook tablet, which will run its BlackBerry Tablet OS.
More than 80 tablet computers were shown at the four-day International Consumer Electronics Show, and one expert predicted some wouldn't last beyond the event.
Samsung has sold 1 million Galaxy Tab tablet devices worldwide just two months after putting it on sale outside the U.S., and all four major wireless U.S. carriers starting sales in mid-November, according to a report.
Apple today reversed its decision earlier in the year that barred developers from using rival programming tools, including one that has since been discontinued by Adobe, to build applications for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
As expected, Apple today released the iOS 4.1 update for its iPhone and iPod Touch.
<a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9142443/Intel_Update">Intel</a> , Nokia and Finland's University of Oulu announced today that they are developing a joint research center to create software for 3D and virtual reality experiences for us...
Android was the top operating system in smartphone sales in the U.S. in the second quarter, with BlackBerry maker Research in Motion finishing second and Apple's iOS in third, a Gartner analyst said today.
Microsoft has officially divulged names of at least five manufacturers for its coming Windows Phone 7 devices, with Asus recently added to a list of four revealed at the company's Worldwide Partner Conference on July 13.
The Cius tablet from Cisco Systems on its docking station
Latest News Articles
- Razer and Qualcomm show off a Snapdragon-powered Steam Deck clone
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 promises 85% more PC performance
- Razer CEO says gaming laptop prices will spike in 2022
- Behold! 12 days of awesome tech gifts, chosen by the PCWorld editors
- Microsoft Edge’s new buy now, pay later tool has users fuming
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Everything we know (and hope) Apple is releasing in December 2021
- 2 Monterey’s best feature still hasn’t arrived. Will it be worth the wait?
- 3 Fitbit Inspire 2 vs. Fitbit Luxe vs. Fitbit Charge 5: Which popular fitness tracker is right for you?
- 4 Apple ‘investigating’ widespread MacBook Pro MagSafe charging issues
- 5 Switching from the iPhone 12 mini to the iPhone 13 Pro Max opened my eyes
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?