Multiple users on Apple's iPhone support forum are reporting big drops in battery life after upgrading their handsets to version 6.1 of the iOS operating system.
BlackBerry and Unity are working together on an add-on for BlackBerry 10 smartphones that should make it easier for developers to create games for the new OS.
Google on Monday said that iOS users had downloaded more than 10 million copies of its revamped Maps app in the first two days of availability.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
When the folks behind marketing Microsoft's Windows Phone asked Android users on Twitter to share "malware horror stories" Wednesday using a #DroidRage hashtag, it's safe to assume they expected a positive response from some malware-plagued users.
Research In Motion will launch BlackBerry 10 and the two first smartphones based on the operating system on Jan. 30, the company said on Monday.
Given Android's ubiquity today, it's almost hard to believe that it has only been around a few years.
Gaming has become an increasingly popular part of what we do with our Macs and iOS devices, and Apple finally realized that. In iOS 5, the company introduced Game Center, a social network service and set of frameworks that developers could use to han...
Despite distressingly poor sales to date, Windows Phone 8 is set to consolidate its place as the ‘third platform’ behind Google and Apple in the next five years, analysts Ovum and Gartner have predicted.
HP's recently appointed chief executive, Meg Whitman, says the company will decide on the future of the ill-fated WebOS operating system, which it acquired along with Palm in 2010, within a couple of weeks.
Siri is one of our favorite new pieces of technology, but sometimes we just wished we could use it for something outside of its Apple widget shell (weather, mail, and the calendar) and Web searching. A group of intrepid hackers are doing just that, s...
Apple's iOS 5 update this week did not solve the quick-draining battery issues for many users, according to reports posted on the company's own support forum.
Adobe is finally ready to <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/221568/adobe_fights_apple_flash_blockade_with_wallaby.html">concede defeat</a> in the <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/243130/adobe_flash_vs_html5.html">mobile Fl...
Nokia reported a net loss and a fall in revenue for the third quarter, despite selling more phones than analysts had expected.
The new Motorola Droid Razr will be the world's thinnest 4G LTE smartphone when it ships in November for Verizon Wireless.
Latest News Articles
- Razer and Qualcomm show off a Snapdragon-powered Steam Deck clone
- Razer CEO says gaming laptop prices will spike in 2022
- Behold! 12 days of awesome tech gifts, chosen by the PCWorld editors
- Microsoft Edge’s new buy now, pay later tool has users fuming
- How to get Apple’s custom (RED) clock faces on your Apple Watch
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Everything we know (and hope) Apple is releasing in December 2021
- 2 Monterey’s best feature still hasn’t arrived. Will it be worth the wait?
- 3 Apple ‘investigating’ widespread MacBook Pro MagSafe charging issues
- 4 Fitbit Inspire 2 vs. Fitbit Luxe vs. Fitbit Charge 5: Which popular fitness tracker is right for you?
- 5 Switching from the iPhone 12 mini to the iPhone 13 Pro Max opened my eyes
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?