Microsoft is updating the recently launched beta of Windows Phone App Studio to improve performance and scalability after the new app development tool crossed 55,000 active projects.
Nokia has started rolling out the Amber software update to its Lumia smartphones, which will allow users to take better pictures and get new camera apps.
Google is shutting down its Messenger group chatting service as part of an update to its Google+ app for Android-based devices, the company recently announced. Google will also be ditching the service on iOS devices.
Worldwide smartphone sales to end users accounted for nearly 52 per cent of mobile phone sales in the second quarter, surpassing feature phones sales for the first time as a result of growth in Asian countries like China, Gartner said.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is offering a new service that aims to make it easier for developers to send push notifications to Android and iOS applications.
BlackBerry has launched the 9720 smartphone running the 7 OS in a bid to stay relevant in the growing low end of the smartphone market.
Blackberry's board of directors has formed a committee to explore strategic alternatives for the future of the company that could include joint ventures or a sale of the company, as it struggles to turn its new BlackBerry 10 operating system into a s...
Sales of the ZTE Open Firefox OS phone will start soon via eBay's stores in the U.S. and U.K.
Instagram is adding several features to its mobile apps including the ability to import and post previously recorded videos.
Hoping to generate more apps for its mobile platform, Microsoft has launched an online tool that could allow even non-developers to create new programs for Windows Phone 8.
Nokia has posted a video comparing the camera on the Lumia 928 with the Galaxy S III and the iPhone 5, as it gets ready to launch the phone.
If 2012 was the year of arcade, casino and hidden object games on Facebook, such as "Diamond Dash," "Bubble Witch Saga" and "Bubble Safari," the social network hopes 2013 will be the year of more immersive, strategy-oriented games.
Google is looking to replace physical sticky notes with Keep, a new product designed for storing notes and other pieces of information.
This year's MWC may have been lacking in high-end smartphone launches, but the "W" stands for "world" and lower-cost models shown this week are needed to open up the mobile-phone market to more people globally.
Hewlett-Packard has sold some of the rights to its webOS mobile operating system to LG Electronics for use in smart television sets made by the South Korean electronics firm.
Latest News Articles
- Razer and Qualcomm show off a Snapdragon-powered Steam Deck clone
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 promises 85% more PC performance
- Razer CEO says gaming laptop prices will spike in 2022
- Behold! 12 days of awesome tech gifts, chosen by the PCWorld editors
- Microsoft Edge’s new buy now, pay later tool has users fuming
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Everything we know (and hope) Apple is releasing in December 2021
- 2 Monterey’s best feature still hasn’t arrived. Will it be worth the wait?
- 3 Fitbit Inspire 2 vs. Fitbit Luxe vs. Fitbit Charge 5: Which popular fitness tracker is right for you?
- 4 Apple ‘investigating’ widespread MacBook Pro MagSafe charging issues
- 5 Switching from the iPhone 12 mini to the iPhone 13 Pro Max opened my eyes
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?