Google’s Play store security has once again been embarrassed by the discovery of an ambitious botnet that sneaked past its app vetting systems to infect possibly huge numbers of Android users.
Only days after an embarrassing parting of ways with Windows 8 architect Steven Sinofsky, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is back to his industry-slaying form, laying into Apple for its high prices and Google’s Android for its record on mobile security.
Despite distressingly poor sales to date, Windows Phone 8 is set to consolidate its place as the ‘third platform’ behind Google and Apple in the next five years, analysts Ovum and Gartner have predicted.
Google could launch its much-trumpeted Google Wallet mobile payments service in Britain ahead of the London 2012 Olympics, according to reports in the French press.
HP's recently appointed chief executive, Meg Whitman, says the company will decide on the future of the ill-fated WebOS operating system, which it acquired along with Palm in 2010, within a couple of weeks.
Latest News Articles
- IPVanish review: Come for the VPN, stay for the cloud storage
- The best Thunderbolt docks you can buy for your laptop PC
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Best Australian Black Friday Telstra deals
- Samsung The Frame 4K UHD TV review: Refining the art of wall-art TV
Most Popular Articles
- 1 The best Thunderbolt docks you can buy for your laptop PC
- 2 XFX Radeon RX 6800 XT Merc 319 review: Finally, an enthusiast option for AMD fans
- 3 Apple’s annual Black Friday sale starts Friday but you should probably skip it
- 4 Report: Apple’s 2021 roadmap might be its most ambitious yet
- 5 Why a 1080p webcam is a great stocking stuffer for 2020: Buying guide
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?