Throughout May alone Avast Threat Labs saw the latest version of the adware on around 18,000 devices belonging to Avast users located in more than 100 countries including Russia, Italy, Germany, the UK and some users in the U.S.
While ransomware and malware can both sound pretty scary to an everyday user, it’s easy to get the two terms mixed up. Here’s a quick explanation designed to help you learn the differences and how the two relate to one another.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) are the plague of enterprise security, crippling businesses and IT careers through costly data breaches and massive losses. Their goal is to steal intellectual property, and confidential company information. They ro...
Many people will know what it’s like to regularly click ‘close’ on the nagging Windows 10 ‘upgrade’ notification. It’s been happening every day for many months. But apparently something on one of these hundreds of fade-into-the-background notificatio...
Those photos of Jessica Alba may be murder on your PC. That Google search result that looks as if it answers all your questions may do nothing but create a serious tech headache. The fun you had watching that hilarious video you downloaded may not be...
Latest News Articles
- The Game Awards 2019's biggest reveals: Hellblade II, a new PlayerUnknown game, and more
- Logitech G Pro X Keyboard review: Hot-swappable switches let you mix and match
- TikTok's China Connections Explained
- Microsoft announces the Xbox Series X at The Game Awards, along with a Hellblade sequel
- Gearbox (?) announces the Playstation 5
Most Popular Articles
- 1 AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT review: Bleeding-edge, underpowered, and overpriced
- 2 'Plundervolt' attack against Intel Core CPUs prompts fix that can turn off CPU voltage tweaks
- 3 13 game demos hit Steam to celebrate The Game Awards, including System Shock's reboot
- 4 Oppo's smartwatch is finally happening
- 5 Free game alert: Wasteland and Wasteland 2 are free at GOG for the next two days
Join the newsletter!
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?