The six-week-old YouTube Kids service is a "hyper-commercialized" environment that intermixes advertising and other programming in a way that deceives its target audience, a coalition of privacy and children's advocacy groups said in a complaint to t...
A consumer privacy proposal from U.S. President Barack Obama's administration gives people too little control over their personal data and companies too much latitude to use that information, a coalition of 14 privacy and digital rights groups said.
U.S. businesses that collect personal data would be required to describe their privacy and security practices and give consumers control over their personal information under a proposed privacy bill of rights released Friday by President Barack Obama...
Thirty U.S. data brokers and data management firms, including Adobe Systems, AOL and Salesforce.com, are violating privacy promises they've made regarding their handling of the personal information of EU residents, a privacy group said in a complaint...
A facial recognition trade group's proposals for privacy standards are an "extreme" departure from U.S. expectations on how personal data should be handled, a privacy advocate said Tuesday.
Data brokers should give consumers more control over their personal information, and Congress should consider legislation that reins in the ways data brokers can use that information, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission is recommending.
Google will feature users in advertisements that run on its suite of websites when those users recommend products or stores.
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
Facebook has launched an expanded privacy education campaign for new users, with the focus on default settings, user access to their own data and deciding who they share their information with.
Latest News Articles
- Black wallpaper bug from Windows 7's 'final' update will get fixed
- IceGiant says its giant cooler can even tame AMD's giant Threadripper
- Google decides to 'iterate' on its deceptive favicon search plan
- The Full Nerd ep. 122: AMD's confusing Radeon RX 5600 XT launch
- Intel's Ghost Canyon NUC and Compute Element: 10 questions and intriguing facts
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Intel's Ghost Canyon NUC and Compute Element: 10 questions and intriguing facts
- 2 IceGiant says its giant cooler can even tame AMD's giant Threadripper
- 3 Here's what Android running on the dual-screen Surface Duo might look like
- 4 Samsung's latest Snapdragon-powered laptop arrives on Jan 31
- 5 Black wallpaper bug from Windows 7's 'final' update will get fixed
Join the newsletter!
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?