Virtual reality headset maker Oculus VR has acquired Surreal Vision, a company developing image recognition technology that can recreate scenes from real life inside simulated 3D environments.
The tech challenges that accompany IoT projects shouldn't deter companies from attempting to find meaning in data gathered from connected devices. The solutions may be closer than they think.
Buying one slick connected device after another until you have a smart home sounds cool, but things may not work out that smoothly.
China's Huawei Technologies is targeting smart homes, cars, wearables and more with its own operating system, Liteos, intended for the international market.
The stars of smartphones want to become legends in the Internet of Things, a world that could become much bigger than cellular but will require more than handset experience for a winning run.
Hoping to get more developers on its side, Freescale Semiconductor has introduced a new version of its framework for creating IoT apps.
In California's first gold rush, the real winners were people in San Francisco who "mined the miners," selling tools and supplies to everyone out looking for shiny metal. A century and a half later, the same thing is happening with the Internet of Th...
The next time you watch "House of Cards" on Netflix, think about the impact you might be having on the environment.
There's no shortage of hype surrounding the Internet of Things, but technologies tailor-made for it are still few and far between. Enter Mode, a startup that on Monday announced a cloud platform designed specifically with the IoT in mind.
These days, researchers at AT&T Labs are focusing on cars, smart homes, wearables and health apps, judging by projects showcased at the company's Research Day. This year's exhibit, held Friday in New York, was more practical than previous ones, with ...
If you feel like you need eyes in the back of your head, there's a crowdsourcing app for that.
With the Internet of Things in mind, ARM wants to improve the battery life of sensors that use Bluetooth, making it efficient enough to be powered using energy harvesting.
An Apple a day keeps the doctor away, unless that doctor is now gathering your health data through your Apple iPhone.
The Thread Group and the ZigBee Alliance plan to make their technologies work together in connected home products, which could help bring more order to the Internet of Things.
Internet of Things devices aren't terribly useful without apps and services. Apigee says it can help glue these elements together using APIs.
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT review: Bleeding-edge, underpowered, and overpriced
- Windows Security review: There are better options, but not for the 'price'
- Oppo's smartwatch is finally happening
- Australians are finally getting the Google Pixel 4's best feature
- Free game alert: Wasteland and Wasteland 2 are free at GOG for the next two days
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Google's Chrome 79 will warn you if your password has been stolen—or will be
- 2 'Plundervolt' attack against Intel Core CPUs prompts fix that can turn off CPU voltage tweaks
- 3 Windows 10 Mobile is finally dead: How to take your data and move on
- 4 Oppo's smartwatch is finally happening
- 5 Free game alert: Wasteland and Wasteland 2 are free at GOG for the next two days
Join the newsletter!
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?