Privacy concerns might throw a wrench into companies' plans to make Internet-connected devices mainstream fixtures in the home.
The AllSeen Alliance is expanding the reach of its AllJoyn Internet of Things framework with bridging software that lets other types of devices look like part of the same family.
The Internet of Things System that Cisco Systems introduced on Monday at long last ties together a broad range of IoT parts from the company, but users may want to take a close look at what this really gives them.
In another sign of the living spaces of elderly Japanese going hi-tech, seniors in Osaka are undergoing an Internet of Things (IoT) experiment involving cloud-connected air conditioners and motion sensors.
Nest Labs, Google's home sensing unit, made its long-awaited move into the home security market on Wednesday when it unveiled Nest Cam.
Japanese chipmaker Renesas Electronics is joining the rush to offer a hardware development platform for the Internet of Things (IoT).
A Japanese climate information company that wants to track just about every cloud in the sky in its own data cloud is handing out atmospheric sensors for smartphones that could improve forecasting.
The future of gaming is closer than you think. Or at least, the future of gaming as envisioned by Oculus VR.
Jawbone has filed its second lawsuit against Fitbit in less than two weeks, claiming its activity tracking products infringe several of Jawbone's patents.
Taiwan held its 35th annual Computex trade show this week, and the event hasn't aged well. There was little news to get excited about, the crowds were thinner, and there were no products on the show floor that generated the buzz seen in years past.
Acer is still producing PCs, but the Taiwanese vendor is far more bullish about the Internet of Things (IoT), a market the company doesn't want to miss out on.
People looking to control their HomeKit-compatible devices when they're away from home will need an Apple TV to complete those tasks, Apple revealed in a support page for its smart home platform.
Magic Leap, the mysterious startup backed by Google that is developing a headset for augmented reality, wants outside help to create content for its device.
One of the biggest road blocks for future IoT (Internet of Things) growth is security, but ARM is looking to help address that by acquiring Israeli company Sansa Security.
Wander around the halls of Google's I/O conference and eventually you'll bump into a large table covered with a blue cloth. But being I/O, this is no ordinary cloth. It's a smart fabric developed by Google's advanced technology group that could one d...
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT review: Bleeding-edge, underpowered, and overpriced
- Windows Security review: There are better options, but not for the 'price'
- Oppo's smartwatch is finally happening
- Australians are finally getting the Google Pixel 4's best feature
- Free game alert: Wasteland and Wasteland 2 are free at GOG for the next two days
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Google's Chrome 79 will warn you if your password has been stolen—or will be
- 2 'Plundervolt' attack against Intel Core CPUs prompts fix that can turn off CPU voltage tweaks
- 3 Windows 10 Mobile is finally dead: How to take your data and move on
- 4 Oppo's smartwatch is finally happening
- 5 Free game alert: Wasteland and Wasteland 2 are free at GOG for the next two days
Join the newsletter!
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?