The U.S. Congress should pass net neutrality legislation that overturns proposed rules at the Federal Communications Commission so that the protections survive over the long term, some opponents of the FCC approach said.
Internet Innovation Alliance
A controversial U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people needs to move into the 21st century by expanding into broadband, a broadband advocacy group said.
After a spate of news stories about alleged "astroturf" advocacy in a contentious U.S. net neutrality debate, the IDG News Service looked into the funding transparency of several think tanks and advocacy groups involved in the issue. Several disclose...
"Vivid" telepresence - holograms, immersive gaming, new collaboration services and even 3D pornography - could be the next big thing as gigabit-per-second broadband service spreads across the US.
Latest News Articles
- How to preorder Apple’s new AirTag trackers
- 100 Great PC Games You Should Play Before You Die
- iOS 14.6: Apple releases beta 1 to developers
- Apple celebrates Earth Day by highlighting content throughout its ecosystem
- No joke: World of Warships just added Leroy Jenkins as a playable character
Most Popular Articles
- 1 No, Apple's new M1 iPad Pro won't kill the PC
- 2 The new M1 iMac in pictures
- 3 iPad Pro (2021): 5 standout features that make the best tablet even better
- 4 Apple TV 4K and tvOS: What you need to know about Apple’s video streaming device
- 5 How does Apple's new M1 iMac compare to Windows All-in-One PCs?
Join the newsletter!
- Bowers and Wilkins launch the PI7 and PI5 wireless earphones
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?