IBM is looking to boost its mainframe business with a Linux push that includes new hardware, software and the founding of the Open Mainframe Project. The company is also contributing mainframe code to the open source community.
IBM plans to buy Merge Healthcare in a $1 billion deal that promises to bring new image-focused capabilities to its Watson Health platform.
IBM's year-long partnership with Apple took a new turn on Wednesday with the PC giant's announcement of new cloud services designed to help large companies incorporate Macs into their IT infrastructures.
Bringing some old fashioned engineering discipline to the emerging Internet of Things, IBM has updated its design tools to allow IoT component builders to keep track of their work though a widely used technique called product line engineering (PLE).
IBM may be leading the pack when it comes to putting away patents related to cloud technologies.
Pharmacists at some 7,800 CVS drugstores across the U.S. will soon be able to tap IBM's Watson cognitive computing system in the hopes of predicting customers' health problems before they arise.
Japanese robot Pepper is getting an intelligence upgrade via IBM's Watson, but that doesn't make interacting with the real world any less challenging.
Hoping to rally the worldwide development community around the Internet of Things and drive business to its cloud services as well, IBM has launched a community space for programmers to write software to connect remote devices to back-end cloud syste...
Intel, Micron unveil a new class of memory...Facebook's mobile revenue tipped to rise again...New drones help drivers with tricky deliveries...and more tech news.
Samsung's bigger Galaxy S6 likely in August...Most Android phones can be hacked via an MMS...Leading researchers want autonomous weapons ban...and more tech news.
Jumping into an increasingly competitive market, IBM has launched a cloud-based data warehouse service, which the company says offers a way for enterprises to analyze their operations while bypassing most of the headaches that come with running such ...
Apple shared details on its efforts to make inroads into the enterprise space via its IBM partnership on Tuesday.
IBM has set up a new code repository that aims to foster collaborative development of enterprise open source software -- and it may also drum up interest in its own Bluemix platform services.
Apple and IBM's enterprise partnership has yielded 10 new apps, including one that targets business travellers and others that make use of predictive analytics and iBeacons.
Mainframes mainstay of IBM results... Tech lobbying booms... Uber takes to courts... and more tech news
Latest News Articles
- Intel's power play: Hands-on with ATX12VO motherboards and power supply
- New software program runs Windows directly on Chromebooks
- Adobe reveals major updates across Creative Cloud
- Macworld's November digital magazine: Apple Watch SE reviewed
- Apple releases iOS 14.1 with support for iPhone 12, 10-bit HDR, and bug fixes
Most Popular Articles
- 1 iPhone 12 and 12 mini vs iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max: What you're getting and not getting
- 2 Dell XPS 13 vs. XPS 13 2-in-1: Which one should you buy?
- 3 reMarkable 2 review: A ‘paper tablet’ that can replace notebooks
- 4 LG Ultra PC 17 review: A big, lightweight laptop with graphics pep
- 5 Apple releases watchOS 7.0.3 update for Apple Watch Series 3
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?