IBM has signed an agreement to acquire security company Trusteer, and plans to set up a cybersecurity software lab in Israel.
IBM is hoping to help create the next generation of "big data" specialists through a series of partnerships with universities around the world, as well as influence the curriculum.
Following up on work commissioned by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), IBM has developed a programming paradigm, and associated simulator and basic software library, for its experimental SyNAPSE processor.
SAP has given customers a peek into how it will compete with the likes of Oracle and IBM in the growing market around CEM (customer experience management) software with the acquisition of commerce software vendor Hybris.
IBM will license designs of the Power microprocessor architecture to other companies including Google, in an effort to expand use of the architecture and reverse declines in its systems hardware business.
A rebound for IBM failed to materialise in the second quarter, as profit and sales declined along with a slump in revenue from hardware and services.
Though it's unlikely that film critics will ever demand an Academy Award for IBM's A Boy And His Atom, this doesn't change the fact that the short flick is still a bloody good movie--for something that occurs on a microscopic level, anyway.
IBM today issued its seventh annual look at what Big Blue researchers think will be the five biggest technologies for the next five years. In past prediction packages known as "IBM 5 in 5" the company has had some success in predicting the future of ...
The breakneck pace of change in the smartphone world is well known: Since the iPhone catalyzed popular demand in 2007, development has been moving faster and faster, to the point where devices are out of date mere months after their release. However,...
IBM's Watson supercomputer is about to begin evaluating cancer treatment options that can be delivered to physicians in a matter of seconds.
Cray Inc. is building a supercomputer for federally funded scientific research under a contract valued at $188 million that was <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9218989/IBM_NCSA_abandon_petascale_supercomputer_project">originally won b...
John Opel, who served as IBM CEO from 1981 to 1985, passed away at the age of 86 last week, IBM confirmed Monday.
Raj Rajaratnam - the Galleon hedge fund founder <a href="http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/it-business/3279411/galleon-founder-rajaratnam-convicted-of-huge-tech-stock-insider-trading/?intcmp=in_article;related">convicted</a> of insider trading on m...
HP may be out of the tablet hardware business but, it's holding on to its software presence in the market. "The WebOS is not dead," declares Stephen Dewitt, senior vice president of Palm, which is owned by HP.
Personal computer company IBM will be 100 years old on Thursday, and to celebrate up to 400,000 employees worldwide will skip the usual office work in order to donate time to charitable causes and schools.
Latest News Articles
- Sony WH-1000XM4 review: A Sound Investment
- Tested: Nvidia's new drivers fix RTX 3080 crashes by sacrificing clock speed
- AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support coming to 4K Roku devices this year
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 crashing issues: What you need to know
- The Dell XPS 13 and XPS 13 2-in-1 move up to 11th-gen Tiger Lake CPUs
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition: It works hard, it plays hard
- 2 Fitbit Sense review: Ambitious to a fault
- 3 The Dell XPS 13 and XPS 13 2-in-1 move up to 11th-gen Tiger Lake CPUs
- 4 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090: 3440x1440 ultrawide benchmarks
- 5 Lenovo Flex 5G review: The first 5G laptop offers crazy battery life, as well as compromises
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?