Although it's easy to head to the electronics store to buy network cables, making do with cables of predetermined lengths can be a problem. More often than not, premade cables are either too short (and require coupling) or too long (in which case, yo...
Reader Steve wrote in with this question:
Just this morning, I discovered that several hundred dollars had been withdrawn from my bank account. The withdrawals were made from a Canadian ATM, and as far as I know, I've never been to Canada. I had become a victim of the ATM skimming scam - or,...
Thinking about trying out Quickflix? Here's how to get a free trial, plus we'll tell you, the difference between a standard subscription and pay-per-view, why you won't get HD video yet, how much data you’ll use, and what devices you can use Qu...
Unless you encrypt your files, outsiders can easily gain access to them—even without knowing your Windows password — by booting into their own operating system from a disc or a bootable USB drive that they have inserted into your machine.
Troubleshoot from afar with a Windows 7 tool
Sound is a big part of a satisfying home-theater setup, and people tend to give a movie higher marks when they watch it with good surround sound audio than with simple stereo. So improving the audio listening environment in your family room or living...
I'll admit it: I think the base version of Google's Android platform is a little rough around the edges--especially when compared with the iPhone, which not only "just works," but is beautiful too.
Microsoft Word can keep you up all night, and not only because you've got writer's block. You change the font, and Word changes it back. The columns don't line up. The program freezes up, taking your work with it. Here are five common Word disasters ...
For the past couple weeks I've been stuck using my Web browser to access my Gmail accounts, rather than my preferred method: Outlook. (It's all because of the computer meltdown I mentioned in a few earlier posts.) It gets the job done, but there's on...
Today's PCs come in various designs and sizes. But as living rooms become more theatrelike, with multichannel speaker systems and high-definition TVs, the thought of plugging a boxy PC into an entertainment centre seems unappealing.
Yes, we know – it’s hard enough to remember to back up your desktop, your laptop, your smartphone, and your tablet, and now we want you to think about backing up your cloud-based email account, too.
Parent and reader Karen Haas has a new iPod touch owner in the family. She writes:
Latest News Articles
- How to use Face ID with a mask
- Spanish cops searching for drugs find an illegal crypto GPU farm instead
- EVGA’s carbon fiber dream desktop goes 300 KPH standing still
- Outrageous GPU street prices analyzed: What you’re getting for your cash
- Why every PC gamer should use GOG Galaxy 2.0
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to undervolt your graphics card
- 2 Intel 12th-gen laptops are here: 5 things you need to know
- 3 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 review: A truly modern GPU for the masses (hopefully)
- 4 Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT review: Affordable, quiet, and smart
- 5 EcoFlow Delta Mini Portable Power Station review: What can’t it do?
Join the newsletter!
- This adorable AirTag is one of the rarest Apple devices ever made
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?