FireEye says it has discovered a type of malware designed to steal payment card data that can be very difficult to detect and remove.
A new kind of point-of-sale malware similar to that which struck Target is being sold in underground markets for $US2000.
Home Depot spent US$43 million in its third quarter dealing with the fallout of one of the largest ever data breaches, highlighting the costly nature of security failures.
Home Depot has shed more light on a recent data breach that compromised 56 million payment cards, saying hackers used login credentials belonging to another company to access its network. It also revealed that 53 million email addresses were also sto...
President Barack Obama issued an executive order on Friday to have secure chip-and-PIN technology embedded into government-issued credit and debit cards as part of a broader move aimed at stemming payment data breaches.
The breach of Home Depot's payment systems may have compromised 56 million payment cards as a result of malware that has since been eliminated, the company said Thursday.
Healthcare.gov lacks several basic cybersecurity controls -- including strong passwords and consistent security patching -- nearly a year after the troubled launch of the insurance-shopping website, a government auditor said.
A recent data breach at retailer Home Depot and a leak of celebrity nude pictures from Apple's iCloud service raise questions about the companies' data security practices, two U.S. senators said Thursday.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should investigate security practices at Home Depot following media reports that the hardware retailer's payment systems have been breached, two U.S. senators said Tuesday.
Home Depot said Monday that its payment systems had been breached, potentially affecting any customers who shopped at its stores in the U.S. and Canada since April.
Home Depot said Tuesday it was investigating a possible breach of its systems holding customer payment information tied to credit and debit cards.
Latest News Articles
- Dell XPS 13 vs. XPS 13 2-in-1: Which one should you buy?
- The Pixel 5 is Google’s smartest phone since the Nexus 5
- Apple opens preorders for the new iPad Air
- Apple may launch the first Apple silicon Mac in yet another fall event
- reMarkable 2 review: A ‘paper tablet’ that can replace notebooks
Most Popular Articles
- 1 HomePod mini: 6 things to know about Apple’s new smart speaker
- 2 reMarkable 2 review: A ‘paper tablet’ that can replace notebooks
- 3 iPhone 12 and 12 mini vs iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max: What you're getting and not getting
- 4 Where to buy the iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro
- 5 iPhone 12 Pro: The six most important things you need to know
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?