Apple and Google should reconsider their plans to enable encryption by default on their smartphones, and the U.S. Congress should pass a law requiring that all communication tools allow police access to user data, U.S. FBI Director James Comey said.
U.S. President Barack Obama failed to address the National Security Agency's reported efforts to weaken encryption standards and circumvent online encryption technologies in a speech Friday about surveillance reform.
U.S. President Barack Obama's proposed changes to the National Security Agency's surveillance programs don't go far enough, some technology and digital rights groups said, while others hailed it as a good first step.
The U.S. Department of Justice defended the National Security Agency's massive phone records collection program after a U.S. District Court judge ruled Monday that the program is likely to violate the U.S. Constitution.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted to approve a bill that would leave in place the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk telephone-records collection program, with some limits.
The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
Latest News Articles
- IPVanish review: Come for the VPN, stay for the cloud storage
- The best Thunderbolt docks you can buy for your laptop PC
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Best Australian Black Friday Telstra deals
- Samsung The Frame 4K UHD TV review: Refining the art of wall-art TV
Most Popular Articles
- 1 The best Thunderbolt docks you can buy for your laptop PC
- 2 XFX Radeon RX 6800 XT Merc 319 review: Finally, an enthusiast option for AMD fans
- 3 Samsung The Frame 4K UHD TV review: Refining the art of wall-art TV
- 4 Up close with Nvidia's Dynamic Boost feature for gaming laptops
- 5 Why a 1080p webcam is a great stocking stuffer for 2020: Buying guide
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?