Drones that fly out to inspect powerlines -- and then recharge themselves by attaching to those same lines -- is among the ideas that could come to life thanks to a new research fund launched Tuesday.
Green data center
Facebook is building a new datacentre in Fort Worth, Texas, that will be powered entirely by renewable energy.
There's a vampire-slayer stalking the halls at Cebit.
One of the founders of Facebook's Open Compute Project has launched a new company that aims to cut the cost of running data centers using "community-based analytics."
Apple plans to open two European data centers running on renewable energy in 2017, following similar moves by Google and Facebook in the region.
Latest News Articles
- Google decides to 'iterate' on its deceptive favicon search plan
- The Full Nerd ep. 122: AMD's confusing Radeon RX 5600 XT launch
- Intel's Ghost Canyon NUC and Compute Element: 10 questions and intriguing facts
- Uber Elevate and Uber Air Explained
- Sonos extend support for legacy products after backlash
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Intel's Ghost Canyon NUC and Compute Element: 10 questions and intriguing facts
- 2 Sonos says goodbye to several legacy products
- 3 Microsoft begins bringing in developers to build its dual-screen future, including Windows 10X
- 4 Samsung Galaxy S20 preview: This one goes past 11 with more screen, more cameras, more everything
- 5 Here's what Android running on the dual-screen Surface Duo might look like
Join the newsletter!
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?