Drones that fly out to inspect powerlines -- and then recharge themselves by attaching to those same lines -- is among the ideas that could come to life thanks to a new research fund launched Tuesday.
Green data center
Facebook is building a new datacentre in Fort Worth, Texas, that will be powered entirely by renewable energy.
There's a vampire-slayer stalking the halls at Cebit.
One of the founders of Facebook's Open Compute Project has launched a new company that aims to cut the cost of running data centers using "community-based analytics."
Apple plans to open two European data centers running on renewable energy in 2017, following similar moves by Google and Facebook in the region.
Latest News Articles
- Traveling? This $7 gadget protects your phone from treacherous USB charging ports
- Nest Wifi review: A mesh Wi-Fi system and smart speaker mashup for Google Assistant fans
- Dynabook Tecra X50-F review: This lightweight 15-inch business notebook falls a bit short
- Roboform Everywhere review: Solid password security
- PCMover makes Laplink Express free for the Windows 7 transition, if you have Intel inside
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Kindle vs. Kindle Paperwhite vs. Kindle Oasis: Which is best
- 2 Samsung show off a new Star Wars Note 10+
- 3 Upgrading to a 5G phone: When's the right time?
- 4 Kensington Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Keyboard review: Mastering this split-style keyboard takes patience
- 5 PCMover makes Laplink Express free for the Windows 7 transition, if you have Intel inside
Join the newsletter!
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?