This changes everything
Google in pictures
While 2016 sucked in many ways, many great things happened in the world of technology. However, there were some absolute shockers too. Here we look at the 10 best technology products of 2016 and follow it with the 10 worst technology products of 2016.
Google’s new digital assistant – called Google Assistant – has upped the level of A.I. available to regular phone users thanks to the new Google Pixel phone and the Allo chat app. It assistant offers more than just voice recognition – it understands the context of what you’re saying. We suspect that the developers have also had some fun baking in some tongue-in-cheek responses.
Google Drive can do much more than you realize. Ready to unlock its productivity potential?
Once again, Google I/O was held at the Moscone Center in downtown San Francisco, May 28 and 29. As Google's annual confab for third-party developers, engineers from across the world attended the show to hear about Google's latest products and services. This year, Google revealed, among other services, Android Pay, a new way to purchase items in brick-and-mortar stores using Android smartphones; a developer preview of "M," the next version of the Android operating system; Brillo, a new OS based on Android to control devices in the home and let them talk to each other; and a new photo sharing app called Google Photos.
Google announced on World Password Day that it is enabling two-factor authentication on all Google accounts. Apple should do the same.
Google will make 2FA mandatory for Google accounts "soon," provided that you've already given the service a secondary email or phone number.
Apple has hired former Google AI research scientist Samy Bengio to help improve Siri.
Google Meet's user interface is adding features like auto zoom, low-light enhancement, and video backgrounds.
A new report from 9to5Google claims that the Pixel 6 will be powered by a new Google chip. That could make things very interesting for the iPhone.
The new Google News app and web interface is yet another attempt by Google to replace the hole left behind by the death of Google Reader. Here's how to use it to its full potential.
Here's everything you need to know about how to set up, find, and use Instant Apps on your Android phone.
Google's search powers are far and wide. Here are some hidden tricks that will help you find what you need faster.
Google's smart oracle is as effective at streaming video and music as it is answering trivia questions.
Google collects a lot of personal data about you, but you can delete it. Here's how.
Now that you understand how wireless chargers work, it’s time to look at the options being shopped around by each of the major brands that play in the space.
If you’re looking to buy a Chromebook in Australia, here’s everything you need to know.
The first Android P developer beta has landed and with it comes a host of new features due to arrive in Google's Pixel phones when it launches this summer. But what does it mean for the Pixel 3?
Google is bringing Nest back into its fold to build a home that's smarter—and that's good news if you're frustrated with the Google Tax.
From the Pixel phones to Assistant, Google was everywhere in 2017. But it wasn't all great. We take a look at Google's step, stumbles, and serious falls over the past 12 months.
Videos about Google
Latest News Articles
- Nobody needs HiFi Apple Music+
- Thunderbolt adapter guide: How to connect an iPhone, display, hard drive, and more to a MacBook or iMac
- Apple Music+, 3rd-gen AirPods may launch next week
- Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 review: A beautiful thin-and-light PC
- Colored MacBook Air with white bezels: Macworld readers arenâ€™t having it
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Don't get fooled by this malware-ridden MSI Afterburner fake
- 2 Small phone lovers rejoice: The Asus Zenfone 8 is a fantastic option
- 3 Apple hires, then fires controversial ex-Facebook employee
- 4 This $10 Switch calculator will look very familiar to iPhone fans
- 5 The next MacBook Air: A rainbow of colors and even more speed
Join the newsletter!
- Bowers and Wilkins launch the PI7 and PI5 wireless earphones
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?