Telecom, Vodafone and Australian telco Telstra today announced a joint plan to build a trans-tasman, submarine internet cable.
IDC today released a study that describes the expected uptake of fibre services in New Zealand.
TelstraClear's weekend of unlimited data was managed well, according to a report from a company that specialises in broadband measurement.
Orcon has updated customers on its ultra-fast broadband plans and said that users of Orcon's voice over IP device, the Genius, will be able to switch to fibre as soon as fibre is available in their street.
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) has ranked Australia 14th - two spots behind neighbouring New Zealand - in a recent study of ICT competitiveness with a strong focus on broadband.
Online DVD rental firm Fatso says it could launch a movie-streaming service with majority owner Sky, but that will not happen until Kiwis are hooked up to ultrafast broadband. The company, which has now ticked over 18,000 customers, will launch a re...
Latest News Articles
- Google decides to 'iterate' on its deceptive favicon search plan
- The Full Nerd ep. 122: AMD's confusing Radeon RX 5600 XT launch
- Intel's Ghost Canyon NUC and Compute Element: 10 questions and intriguing facts
- Uber Elevate and Uber Air Explained
- Sonos extend support for legacy products after backlash
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Intel's Ghost Canyon NUC and Compute Element: 10 questions and intriguing facts
- 2 Here's what Android running on the dual-screen Surface Duo might look like
- 3 Google decides to 'iterate' on its deceptive favicon search plan
- 4 Microsoft begins bringing in developers to build its dual-screen future, including Windows 10X
- 5 Sonos extend support for legacy products after backlash
Join the newsletter!
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?