Telecom, Vodafone and Australian telco Telstra today announced a joint plan to build a trans-tasman, submarine internet cable.
IDC today released a study that describes the expected uptake of fibre services in New Zealand.
TelstraClear's weekend of unlimited data was managed well, according to a report from a company that specialises in broadband measurement.
Orcon has updated customers on its ultra-fast broadband plans and said that users of Orcon's voice over IP device, the Genius, will be able to switch to fibre as soon as fibre is available in their street.
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) has ranked Australia 14th - two spots behind neighbouring New Zealand - in a recent study of ICT competitiveness with a strong focus on broadband.
Eight is Great: Although Base-12 connectivity will continue to have its place in the data centre, forward-looking data centres will increasingly adopt Base-8 technology
We’re on the brink of a major technological evolution which is impacting the way we live, work and communicate.
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on with Wasteland 3: A simplified but still satisfying glimpse of the post-apocalypse
- 10th-gen CPU buyers guide: We ranked every new Intel laptop CPU for you
- Intel announces Comet Lake, a faster, 10th-gen Whiskey Lake chip for mainstream laptops
- Plantronics take it up a notch with new RIG 700 wireless gaming headphones
- HyperX show off their answer to the HyperFlux at Gamescom
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Dell's OptiPlex 7070 Ultra is a mini-PC that fits into a monitor stand
- 2 Google shows off Stadia streaming games: Cyberpunk 2077, Mortal Kombat 11, and more
- 3 Curved gaming now comes in 240Hz
- 4 Microsoft Edge in Chromium goes beta, and Microsoft says it's ready for everyday use
- 5 Disney+ to arrive in Australia and New Zealand in November
Join the newsletter!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 vs Note 10+ vs Note 10+ 5G
- Beats PowerBeats Pro Totally Wireless Earphones review: A debut worth the wait
- Trump tariffs on Chinese goods could cost you $120 more for notebook PCs, say Dell, HP and CTA
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?