Esports fans of all creeds collided at this year's inaugural Melbourne Esports Open.
esports in pictures
Attendees of this year's IEM Sydney had the chance to go hands-on with HyperX's new Cloud Stinger Core headset.
Machen says that “People clearly like VR if it’s the right game but as far as [finding] the ‘League of Legends of VR’, we haven’t found that.”
After several months of radio silence on the annual event, Blizzard has confirmed that a restructured Overwatch World Cup will take place in 2019.
Three Australian teams have progressed to the world finals of their respective codes following a weekend of OCE esports by Throwdown Esports.
MasterCard has announced a multi-year partnership with Riot Games to become the first global sponsor for League of Legends.
The eSports market is likely to surpass US$6 billion by the end of 2028 due to sizeable sponsorships, growing smartphone adoption, the introduction of virtual reality and ameliorating eSports infrastructure, according to a study by Fact.MR.
Speaking at a panel ahead of IEM, ESL Vice President for Pro Gaming Michal Blicharz starts things by admitting that “running esports events is extremely complicated.”
Like regular sports, esports is also a gold-mine when it comes to for the dynamically-emerging narratives around a game. Every team or player has their own rivals, friendships, strengths and weaknesses.
As the value of the esports space has exploded, so too has the number of professional sporting organisations looking to invest in it.
The Dire Wolves are a relatively young organisation by global esports standards but it hasn’t taken them long to amass a loyal following within the League of Legends Oceanic Pro League (OPL). And that reputation is as fierce as it is well-earned.
This week saw the Australian League of Legends esports scene pass a major milestone, with the top three Oceanic Pro League teams taking home their first ever international tournament victory in the Pacific division of this year’s Rift Rivals.
Latest News Articles
- Razer’s revived Blade 14 puts Ryzen in the hands of fans at long last
- Windows 11 rumours flare anew with Windows 10 'retirement' set for 2025
- Google opens up Workspace to consumers, announces new Spaces chat
- Apple takes on AirPods Pro with $150 Beats Studio Buds noise-canceling earbuds
- Apple Watch Series 7 takes shape with an upgraded screen, no new health features
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to turn off News And Interests in Windows 10's taskbar
- 2 Windows 11 rumours flare anew with Windows 10 'retirement' set for 2025
- 3 iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS Monterey: Which features will work on your device
- 4 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition review: This all-AMD laptop is affordable and very fast
- 5 Apple takes on AirPods Pro with $150 Beats Studio Buds noise-canceling earbuds
Join the newsletter!
- Bowers and Wilkins launch the PI7 and PI5 wireless earphones
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?