Esports fans of all creeds collided at this year's inaugural Melbourne Esports Open.
esports in pictures
Attendees of this year's IEM Sydney had the chance to go hands-on with HyperX's new Cloud Stinger Core headset.
PlayStation Australia has announced the launch of their NBA 2K21 ANZ Tournament for PlayStation 4 gamers that will take place across Australia and New Zealand in August.
Machen says that “People clearly like VR if it’s the right game but as far as [finding] the ‘League of Legends of VR’, we haven’t found that.”
After several months of radio silence on the annual event, Blizzard has confirmed that a restructured Overwatch World Cup will take place in 2019.
Three Australian teams have progressed to the world finals of their respective codes following a weekend of OCE esports by Throwdown Esports.
MasterCard has announced a multi-year partnership with Riot Games to become the first global sponsor for League of Legends.
Speaking at a panel ahead of IEM, ESL Vice President for Pro Gaming Michal Blicharz starts things by admitting that “running esports events is extremely complicated.”
Like regular sports, esports is also a gold-mine when it comes to for the dynamically-emerging narratives around a game. Every team or player has their own rivals, friendships, strengths and weaknesses.
As the value of the esports space has exploded, so too has the number of professional sporting organisations looking to invest in it.
The Dire Wolves are a relatively young organisation by global esports standards but it hasn’t taken them long to amass a loyal following within the League of Legends Oceanic Pro League (OPL). And that reputation is as fierce as it is well-earned.
This week saw the Australian League of Legends esports scene pass a major milestone, with the top three Oceanic Pro League teams taking home their first ever international tournament victory in the Pacific division of this year’s Rift Rivals.
Latest News Articles
- Best way to get the Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro in Australia
- Google’s big, bold Pixel 6 takes aim at Apple and Samsung
- Fast charging on the 16-inch MacBook Pro is limited to MagSafe
- Are we really getting mad at the iPhone 14 already?
- Here’s why PC folks will never give a damn about Apple’s M1 Max
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Google’s big, bold Pixel 6 takes aim at Apple and Samsung
- 2 How the Alienware Aurora R13's chassis boosts performance
- 3 How to sell or trade in your old Mac and save on a new one
- 4 Are we really getting mad at the iPhone 14 already?
- 5 New MacBook Pro tidbits: 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, MagSafe, more
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?