A U.S. appeals court should immediately shut down the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records because the practice is illegal, the American Civil Liberties Union said.
The "possibility exists" for the U.S. Department of Justice to cut a deal that would allow surveillance leaker Edward Snowden to return to the U.S., a former attorney general said in a media interview.
Two years after the first leaks by Edward Snowden about U.S. surveillance programs, the country's tech companies are still worried about a backlash from other governments.
After the U.S. Congress approved what critics have called modest limits on the National Security Agency's collection of domestic telephone records, many lawmakers may be reluctant to further change the government's surveillance programs.
The U.S. National Security Agency is reportedly intercepting Internet communications from U.S. residents without getting court-ordered warrants, in an effort to hunt down malicious hackers.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Latest News Articles
- Outlook organization tips: 5 ways to tame the email pile
- Huawei hold their own with new Matebook laptops
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Epic will give away the next Total War game for free on launch day
- Facebook's Manage Activity lets you easily delete or archive posts and photos
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Samsung teams with Microsoft to ensure you’ll never stop paying for phones
- 2 Epic will give away the next Total War game for free on launch day
- 3 Kingston KC2500 NVMe SSD review: Good performance at a nice price
- 4 The best Dell XPS 13: How to choose among three great thin-and-lights
- 5 Google's latest Android features are too vital to be Pixel-only
Join the newsletter!
- Happy iPhone Day: Here's everything Apple just announced
- Dell XPS 13 (2020) review
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?