A mandatory consumer drone registration system looks set to be in force before the end of the year after an industry task force delivered its proposals for the system on Saturday.
One of the leading manufacturers of consumer drones is loosening the control it has over whether the craft can take off in restricted areas, such as near airports.
The head of Google's experimental Wing drone delivery project says he wants the service to launch as soon as possible and is working with the government on trials that can be accomplished while regulations are being developed.
The Federal Aviation Administration hasn't revealed its plans for drone registration yet, but that hasn't stopped at least one company from trying to make a buck from confusion about the rules.
A task force convened to work out registration rules for consumer drones ended a three-day meeting on Thursday with apparently no final conclusion.
Drone pilots will have a little more insight into the world around them and get safety alerts through to a free smartphone app launching on Thursday called Hivemapper.
Google is hoping to start commercial package delivery by drone in 2017, the head of its drone project said Monday.
DJI's Manifold computer has an Nvidia Tegra K1 processor, USB, HDMI, Ethernet -- and a dedicated port to plug it into the company's Matrice 100 quadcopter.
The U.S. Army has for the first time tested swarms of consumer drones during a major military exercise and determined the low-cost technology is at a stage where it could be used offensively.
Google, Amazon and Wal-Mart have joined the government's task force charged with figuring out a registration and identification system for drones.
The Apple co-founder and chief scientist at Fusion-io talks about the disruptive trends that excite and concern him.
A drone carrying drugs, a cell phone, hacksaw blades and other contraband was discovered crashed in an Oklahoma prison yard on Monday morning.
US retailer Wal-Mart has applied for permission to begin testing home delivery by drones -- a move intended to ensure online rivals Amazon and Google don't corner the much-hyped market before it gets off the ground.
The U.S. Dept. of Transportation said Monday that it will form a task force to come up with a registration process for drones.
NEC has developed a surveillance system that can spot drones from up to a kilometer away.
Latest News Articles
- Townscaper impressions: Build picturesque fishing villages with no direction and no drama
- Xbox Game Pass for PC: 5 reasons it's the best deal in PC gaming
- Apple finally launches a website for Apple Card management
- Google retires the affordable Pixel 3a as Pixel 4a rumors swirl
- All the ways Siri is changing in iOS 14
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Google retires the affordable Pixel 3a as Pixel 4a rumors swirl
- 2 New Windows test build makes major changes to Start, Taskbar, and Alt+Tab
- 3 Apple finally launches a website for Apple Card management
- 4 The best keyboards: Ergonomic and productive home office options
- 5 'Significant and fundamental' Windows tweak sets the stage for GPU innovation
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?