IBM's year-long partnership with Apple took a new turn on Wednesday with the PC giant's announcement of new cloud services designed to help large companies incorporate Macs into their IT infrastructures.
Apple reported an unusual misstep in the April-to-June quarter, selling fewer iPhones than analysts had been expecting, but it wasn't all bad news from Cupertino.
Michael Dell said Monday that Dell Inc. would begin shipping Windows 10 PCs to customers on July 29, even though Microsoft seems to be saying otherwise.
Worldwide PC shipments in the second quarter of 2015 declined 11.8 percent compared to the same period a year ago, according to a report released by IDC on Thursday.
There is a lot to look forward to in Skylake PCs, if mini-PCs from Asus showed on the Computex show floor are an indicator.
Dell's PCs largely use Intel chips, but the company is once again warming to AMD processors for its new Inspiron laptops and desktops.
With Microsoft ready to ship Windows 10 on July 29, PC makers are disclosing their plans to make the OS available to customers in new laptops and desktops or as a free OS upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.1.
Microsoft will start shipping Windows 10 on July 29 for PCs and tablets. The upgrade includes the Cortana digital assistant, a whole host of new apps and the return of the start menu.
Acer CEO Jason Chen wants his company to be the "last PC maker standing," he said last month, and on Friday the company continued to rain blows on its competitors with a flurry of new laptops and desktops running Windows and Chrome.
Global PC shipments will decline for the fourth consecutive year as people continue re-directing money towards smartphones and tablets.
Lenovo's recent acquisitions have taken a bite out of the company's earnings, with its net profit in the first quarter dropping 37 percent despite strong PC sales.
Gamers will be able to overclock and add more horsepower to HP's signature gaming desktop without worrying about invalidating their warranties.
Lenovo is venturing into Chrome OS desktops with its new ThinkCentre Chromebox.
Acer isn't as well known as Apple for product design, but its new Revo One RL85 compact desktop looks dapper -- and with Intel's latest Broadwell chip it also has muscles.
Desktop devices running Chrome OS haven't exactly found much traction, but that hasn't stopped Acer from developing an all-in-one PC built for the Google operating system.
Latest News Articles
- The Game Awards 2019's biggest reveals: Hellblade II, a new PlayerUnknown game, and more
- Logitech G Pro X Keyboard review: Hot-swappable switches let you mix and match
- TikTok's China Connections Explained
- Microsoft announces the Xbox Series X at The Game Awards, along with a Hellblade sequel
- Gearbox (?) announces the Playstation 5
Most Popular Articles
- 1 'Plundervolt' attack against Intel Core CPUs prompts fix that can turn off CPU voltage tweaks
- 2 AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT review: Bleeding-edge, underpowered, and overpriced
- 3 13 game demos hit Steam to celebrate The Game Awards, including System Shock's reboot
- 4 Oppo's smartwatch is finally happening
- 5 Free game alert: Wasteland and Wasteland 2 are free at GOG for the next two days
Join the newsletter!
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?