A laptop oozing 11th-gen functionality
Intel passed on the opportunity to make chips for the first iPhone, and in May discontinued Atom smartphone chips after wasting billions trying to get them in handsets. The chip company instead started building a new mobile identity around its modems...
AMD now is looking to rally its dwindling fan base with a series of Zen-based chips this year for desktops, servers, and laptops. The hyped-up Zen chips are expected to be good, and even Intel readily acknowledges the stiff competition coming its way...
AMD's Zen chip is just around the corner; it'll first come to gaming systems any day now. There's a lot of excitement about Zen, which AMD believes is its most important chip this decade.
CPU performance increases were ignored for years, but AMD put them back on the map with its upcoming Zen chip. This has rubbed off on Intel in a good way.
Intel's has reached Kaby Lake with its PC chips but isn't done with the previous generation Skylake architecture quite yet.
AMD has been unafraid to push back against the long-standing dominance of Intel in the CPU arena by talking up both the value-per-dollar and high-end performance delivered by their latest Ryzen chips.
AMD told us with its review sample that running the RyzenMaster overclocking and monitoring app while performing tests can make the test run slower (thereby proving a Quantum Theory) and they are correct.
All E3 coverage in one place
The past few months has seen us building a test rig to test components and peripherals. It is very high spec in order to remove as much latency and as many bottlenecks from the system as possible.
Over the weekend, members of the New Zealand PC World crew attended a workshop about extreme overclocking with liquid nitrogen.
Videos about cpu
Latest News Articles
- How to connect an Apple LED Cinema Display to a new MacBook
- Best webcams: Logitech vs Microsoft vs Dell
- Apple reportedly testing new high-end monitor with an A13 chip inside
- Apple Music expands spatial audio and lossless to Android
- Five Apple TV+ originals to watch after the ‘Ted Lasso’ season 2 premiere
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Everything you need to know about 4K
- 2 Beware pirate gamers: This malware targets you
- 3 The 10 best survival games on PC in 2021
- 4 Apple reportedly testing new high-end monitor with an A13 chip inside
- 5 Amazon's new game might literally destroy your graphics card
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?