Microsoft has pushed the Windows 10 May 2020 Update to its stable release channel, though users will have to manually request an update.
Windows 10 build 19845 for the Fast Ring adds a new Cortana beta, along with a colourful text cursor and improved Narrator capabilities.
PCWorld sits down with Javier Soltero, who is now responsible for the Cortana digital assistant within Microsoft, to explain Microsoft's new strategy.
Microsoft chief executive Satya Nadella tried to respond to concerns that Microsoft's consumer strategy may be floundering, though his response wasn't especially convincing.
Putting Cortana on Amazon devices, and Alexa on Windows PCs, would seem to doom Harman Kardon's Cortana-powered smart speaker. But Skype may be the secret sauce that saves it.
Microsoft's Cortana and Amazon's Alexa team up to battle Siri and Google Assistant.
Microsoft released Windows 10 Build 16251 to Insiders on Thursday, connecting your phone to your PC and adding new abilities to Cortana.
Microsoft's list of features for its Windows 10 Fall Creators Update has grown enormously with Insider Build 16215, which opens up Linux, adds Cortana photo interpretation, desktop emoji, and much more.
While Google Home and Amazon Alexa devices are manufactured by a single supplier, Microsoft appears to be using a PC-like strategy to create Cortana devices.
Windows 10 now has about 500 million users, but only a fraction of those have tried Cortana. This doesn't bode well for Microsoft's push into artificial intelligence.
Harman Kardon unveils the first images and description of Invoke, the first smart speaker to be powered by Microsoft's Cortana.
Boost your productivity with recurring reminders, voice control of your PC and apps, and more.
With recurring reminders, more touch gestures, and enhanced security, the latest Windows update makes it easier to get things done.
In Xbox One's Creators Update, Cortana has received an upgrade, supporting some new tricks such as reminders and alarms. Here's what Cortana can and still can't do.
Microsoft added Cortana to the Android lock screen in an update earlier this month, but now you can ask questions and have it do things without needing to unlock your phones.
Latest News Articles
- How to undervolt your graphics card
- The best mobile games to play on a phone or tablet
- The iPhone was created to be a breakthrough communicator. It’s not
- How to test your internet connection’s speed and quality from a Mac
- Apple is preparing ‘a feast of new products’ this year
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Apple Breakfast: Dreaming of spring iPhones and iPads
- 2 How to cheat at Wordle
- 3 Google is wrong. Apple’s iMessage is actually a failure
- 4 Apple has an AirTag problem—here’s how to solve it
- 5 Wordle may be fixed, but the App Store is still a total mess
Join the newsletter!
- This adorable AirTag is one of the rarest Apple devices ever made
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?