In-car wireless adds up to hacking, privacy problems ... ARM buys IoT security firm ... Alibaba fund phone maker ... and more news.
The ubiquitous USB 3.0 connector is advancing to light-speed and longer-distance data transfers thanks to optical cables from Corning that started shipping on Tuesday.
Fujitsu Laboratories and Furukawa Electric have developed an optical connector that could reduce connectivity costs for servers.
Samsung Electronics has signed a 10-year supply agreement with Corning, the maker of Gorilla Glass, to ensure access to all of Corning's existing and future technologies.
Apple's next big innovation may be found on its customers' wrists.
Eight is Great: Although Base-12 connectivity will continue to have its place in the data centre, forward-looking data centres will increasingly adopt Base-8 technology
We’re on the brink of a major technological evolution which is impacting the way we live, work and communicate.
Why data centre solutions must provide predictable performance, fast deployment, flexibility and scalability
Clive Hogg, Technical Manager, Corning Optical Communications, examines the key technologies, from cabling to network architecture, that are enabling data centres to meet demands for uninterrupted user experience in the era of big data.
Latest News Articles
- Chromebook perks now include Google's Stadia service
- HP's PC chief explains why sustainable PCs matter in a pandemic
- The $349 Google Pixel 4a is the perfect foil to the extravagant Galaxy Note 20
- Logitech MX Master 3 mouse review: Logitech sticks with a winning formula
- Razer Blade Stealth (2020) review: A tiny gaming laptop with a big price
Most Popular Articles
- 1 HP's PC chief explains why sustainable PCs matter in a pandemic
- 2 We tested an eGPU in some of 2020's biggest games
- 3 Razer Blade Stealth (2020) review: A tiny gaming laptop with a big price
- 4 Five ways iOS 14 makes your AirPods better
- 5 July 2020 top product alerts: A Ryzen 4000 mini-PC and 8TB Samsung SSD lead the way
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?