Millions of tests conducted by consumers themselves named Comcast as the fastest broadband ISP, and T-Mobile as the fastest wireless carrier.
Forget about open standards for cable boxes. The Federal Communications Commission says all we really need are more apps.
Comcast tells the FCC that it would be happy to lower your broadband costs, as long as you turn over more of your data.
Netflix’s war against poor speeds from Internet service providers (ISPs) has a new weapon: The company's Fast.com utility can tell you the download speed between your home and Netflix's servers.
Nintendo president Iwata dies...China tops supercomputer ranking again...Facebook wants to put music videos in your feed...and more tech news.
Predictions from net neutrality opponents that regulations would choke off broadband investment haven't come true, with several service providers announcing expansions in the four months since the U.S. Federal Communications Commission passed new rul...
Consumer groups are cheering the news that Comcast abandoned its proposed US$45 billion acquisition of fellow cable and broadband provider Time Warner Cable, saying it's good for customers and demonstrates the power of Internet activism.
Comcast-Time Warner merger looks to be falling apart...Amazon finally discloses cloud numbers...Microsoft services make up for weak PC market...and more tech news.
Comcast has abandoned plans to merge with Time Warner Cable, according to a Bloomberg News report on Thursday.
Facebook's mobile traffic dominates...Google, Box step up enterprise tools...Russian malware targeted the White House...and more tech news.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to approve new net neutrality rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated public utility, over the objections of the commission's Republican members and large broadband providers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has redefined advanced broadband as having 25Mbps download speeds, up from 4Mbps, giving the agency new authority to pass rules to encourage deployment across the country.
The tech industry's most influential companies spent record amounts of money on federal lobbying in 2014 despite a general drop in lobbying by most tech companies. The spending was often directed at areas away from the central business of technology,...
Work follows millions of people home every night, and Comcast Business wants to take that bittersweet reality to another level.
Some of the most powerful companies in video networks and delivery plan to define an open architecture for streaming video as part of a new alliance that includes Cisco Systems, Comcast, Ustream and Yahoo, but not Netflix or YouTube.
Latest News Articles
- Macworld's February digital magazine: iPhone 12 vs. Android's best phones
- The next MacBook Air could get even lighter and thinner and bring back MagSafe
- New rumor dashes hopes of a 5G Mac with Face ID anytime soon
- Intel's next CEO Pat Gelsinger promises a return to greatness
- Ryzen 5000 doubles AMD's gaming laptop share, but Nvidia still rules
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Macworld's February digital magazine: iPhone 12 vs. Android's best phones
- 2 New rumor dashes hopes of a 5G Mac with Face ID anytime soon
- 3 Intel's next CEO Pat Gelsinger promises a return to greatness
- 4 Microsoft Edge will open your email from the new tab page
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S21 vs iPhone 12: Which should you spend your $800 on?
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?